Thursday, August 27, 2020

Seize the Birthday: Add Gold


It's the last Thursday in August -- wait, what? Remember how the early weeks of the pandemic crawled by so very slowly? And first July and now August seems to have flown by, at least for me. I think it's the summer weather here where I live. But Thursday also means it's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge! Our new topping is ADD GOLD. But if gold isn't your thing, we love to see any newly created birthday card added to our gallery. 
Gold seemed an excellent reason to warm up my foil press: 


For the main panel, I used two foil dies, the roses and the sentiment. Instant elegance with so little work! And I just happened to have some gold-accented floral patterned paper to add to the theme. It took me longer to get two *okay* photographs than it did to make the card! Shine is so hard to photograph. 


I'm adding this to the current Anything Goes Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp. 
My Seize the Birthday teammates and our surprise party guest Jen have used gold on their cards in so many ways! You are sure to be inspired. 


Supplies: Crafters Companion white cardstock, My Mind's Eye On Trend 2 patterned paper, Gemini Foilpress Rose Bloom & Elegant Motifs foil stamp dies, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die 

Pin It Now!

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Lindsey, very stylish, Jo x

Joyce said...

What a pretty card, and adding gold is such a fun topping for a birthday card. Inspired to play along.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with the pretty background paper and the lovely foiled flowers and sentiment.

Claire said...

This is so elegant
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Ashwini Rao said...

Ah..I am shivering in excitement looking at your card! The gold foiling + letterpress look is the absolute best! Nothing beats it!! Its absolutely gorgeous, Lindsey!!

JulieP said...

Beautiful! Maybe I'll even pull out my foiling machine. LOL! You did fab on the photography.

Barbara said...

You should pull out that foil machine more. This is fantastic and I almost wish that I could see more of that background paper. Great Job on this challenge.

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty and elegant, you can see the shimmer in the second photo.

Nancy said...

Such an elegant and pretty card Lindsey! I do not foil but I have used a laminator and it works fairly well. Yes, I do agree that the first few months of the pandemic were super slow and the last two have been extremely fast Not sure why that is the case. The thought of Christmas coming so fast makes me sad. I hope when it comes time I will feel differently. Hugs!

Cathy said...

Your foiling looks amazing! So elegant, I thought of this technique but chickened out! Cathy x

Zoechaos said...

Simply gorgeous x

Lynda said...

Very striking - yet simple and effective too xx

cm said...

Gorgeous...elegant...stunning! Foil machine on my down-the-road list...
hugs~c

TaeEun said...

The foiled roses and sentiment are so elegant and beautiful! And the patterned paper looks perfect for your card!

Jen W. said...

Yes! Shine is a pain in the butt to photograph! Love that gorgeous foil rose and I think I may have that same background paper...

shirley-bee said...

Gold is so hard to photograph, so Im not surprised it took you longer! Love the floral background paper for your foiled beauty!

Glenda J said...

So classy and elegant - this came together perfectly! Love this card. Foil dies are something it sounds like I should avoid... they look like they could be addictive.