Saturday, August 22, 2020

Seaside Snarky Stampers


A beautiful August Saturday, and Edna has chosen to go for a swim - possibly on Amity Island? :D Welcome to the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Sisters challenge: O is for Ocean! My card also sports a shark, but his intentions are perhaps not as predatory: 


Although they are from two different sets, this shark and sentiment are obviously made for each other. For the deep blue sea, I blended distress oxide ink onto some watercolour cardstock, then with the same ink, added the stencilled waves and some water splatters. For the ocean floor, I stippled distress ink for the sand, coloured the animal and plant life, then hand cut around the seaweed. Added a sentiment, popped my shark on some foam tape, and it was done. 


So much snarky inspiration from the sisters on the Snarky blog! And, if you can believe it, we are into SEPTEMBER before you have to get your card linked up. 
P.S. This is my second post today... click here for my Inkspirational card! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock Canson watercolour paper, Sunny Studio Best Fishes & Simon Says Stamp/CZ Designs Simple Sentiments 1 stamps, Versafine onyx black & smoky grey, mermaid lagoon distress oxide, antique linen & vintage photo distress inks, Wow clear embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, Studio Katia brush stroke waves stencil, foam tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Helen said...

Hilarious Lindsey! LOVE that shark!!! Have a super weekend! ((HUGS)) Helen

Dotty Jo said...

Happiest little shark ever! Love it, Jo x

Joyce said...

This is so adorable, and I love how that sentiment works with your scene. I'm still scared from when I saw Jaws as a teenager, but this shark somehow seems a bit friendlier.

JulieP said...

Super cute! Love the background stenciling.

Kim Heggins said...

Love this card....so much fun!!!! I am with Joyce, Jaws scared me but your shark looks so friendly!

Zoechaos said...

You are so right the hammer head shark image and the sentiment were made for each other, well done for pairing them up on this cutie. x

Donna said...

He he he he this is awesome!
I agree the image and sentiment are a perfect match!
As for getting hammered....I am soooooo in :)

Mariann Jakobsen said...

What a cute and fun card! Love the scene, and the sentiment is so perfect! Well done!!
Hugs from your new follower

cm said...

This is my third 'helping' of seeing your shark, and he cracks me up even more now than he did at first (and first impressions were pretty high!). He's a cutie and I certainly like his 'attitude'! Fin-tastic!
hugs~c