Tuesday, July 14, 2020

More Christmas in July

As I'd hoped, I did manage to make another Christmas card on the weekend... it just took me until today to get it photographed. ;) Amazingly, most of the challenges I'd hoped to enter are still open! Here's my card:


I love this big poinsettia image from Altenew, and I think it looks amazing embossed with gold tinsel embossing powder. I used watercolour powder to colour it, giving it effortless variations in red hues. It's not even that much of a chore to fussy cut it. For the white panel, I embossed the sentiment and splattered some gold glitter paint. I'm not totally pleased with the gold Nuvo drops I added to the centre of the poinsettia, but it didn't totally wreck the flower, either, so I'll live with it. 


I made this with two challenges in mind: The Flower Challenge is looking for summer or winter flowers; and Shopping Our Stash is featuring Christmas/Hanukkah in July.


Supplies: Neenah white & American Crafts textured white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Altenew Modern poinsettia stamps, Versamark & Altenew velvet inks, Wow clear & gold glitter embossing powder, Magenta Nuance red watercolour powder, Tattered Angels golden goddess glitter paint, Nuvo bright gold glitter drops, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Claire said...

Stunning I love the gold detail
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful poinettia and the watercolouring is awesome, love the gold spatters, and the center of the flower is fine. Guess I can add Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for Christmas in July

cm said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, dressed in the various hues of red! And paired with gold...oh my! Swooning!
hugs~carol

Joyce said...

Really beautiful, Lindsey. Love the red with the gold embossing, and water coloring is a great idea, as you do get so much natural color variations. And, splatters!! You are so very brave!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....this is over the top beautiful! I love your gorgeous poinsettia (I recognize that beautiful stamp).

JulieP said...

This is beautiful!

Donna said...

Look at you go with these Christmas cards!
Rockin it all over town!
This one is just gorgeous!
Thanks for celebrating Christmas in July (again) with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, this is glorious--so incredibly elegant! that tinsel gold e/p is sparkly perfection! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (xmas in july!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Lindsey, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Lindsey, perfect winter card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Lisa Arana said...

Poinsettias are my fave and such a classic pairing of red and gold. Just a stunner of a card dear.