Saturday, July 11, 2020

Inkspirational: Painting or Colouring


Inkspirational is here to kick off your weekend with a new challenge: Painting or Colouring! Perfect timing, too, if you are playing along in Kathy Racoosin's July colouring challenge. It's been a very warm few days here in my part of the world, so that's likely why I decided to go with a sweet and summery card: 


The ice cream cone blueprint stamp is from a Simon Says Stamp Stamptember collaboration a few years ago. I like the in-between size and the added sentiments, which are easily masked off if you have another idea in mind. This is stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with Zigs. For the frosty ice cream, I added iridescent medium over the watercolouring. I rarely go this pink with a card, but strawberry just seemed right for today. :D A panel of glitter paper, a patterned paper card base and a few pink gems finished the card. 


Besides joining in with Kathy's colouring challenge, I am also adding the card to the Monday Simon Says Stamp challenge, Play with Paint; the current Days Gone By theme at Time Out Challenges (childhood memories eating ice cream cones with my dad); and the July Day of the Month Card Club, which is celebrating National Ice Cream Day. 
Be sure to check out the design teams' beautiful projects on the Inkspirational blog, then grab your favourite colouring medium and join us! 




Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Colorbök pink glitter paper, Dear Lizzy Lucky You patterned paper, Simon Says Stamp/Tim Holtz Stamptember blueprint stamp, Simon Says Stamp extreme black ink, Zig watercolour markers, Newton & Winsor iridescent medium, Studio Katia pink tourmaline gems

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a fantastic card. I see you are on a bit of a roll with those TH stamps. Brilliant coloring--I like how you've used light colors. And, that ice cream looks scrumptious.

Joyce said...

Oops, I get to say 'thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.'

Tracey McNeely said...

On day when we play I need to check out you collection of TH blueprints! They are so fun and your card is perfect for the weather we've been having!!

Shauna said...

Awww... what a perfect summer card! I love your ice cream and you paired it so nicely with the glitter and polka dots. Very fun!
- Shauna

Pia S said...

Mmmm, yummy card! I’m thinking strawberry flavor with all this pink. It’s decorative with the glitter strip and patterned paper on each side of the card.

papierelle said...

Great designed card!! Thank you for showing at DotMCC. Gundi

Marlena M. said...

Such sweet touches on your card Lindsey! Lovely!

cm said...

Sweet tooth tingling in seeing your yummy strawberry ice cream cone! The shimmery strips and polka dot framing: perfect touches! I think I have some 'blueprint' stamps in my collection...coffee-themed. Need to dig them out....
hugs~carol

Rosmarie said...

Perfect proportions, that yummy ice cream cone makes me drool! Thank you so much for joining our "ice cream party" at DotMCC! Rosi x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

this is such a yummy card - I am drooling . So perfect for this heat! Thank you for playing with us at DotMCC.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great card and nice memory of ice cream with your dad... Thanks for playing at Time Out.

Marina said...

Delicious!