Monday, July 6, 2020

Double Challenge Card

Happy Monday! It's a hot one here where I am, so a few minutes sitting in the air conditioning blogging a card doesn't seem too bad an idea. ;) I needed an anniversary card, and managed to slip a couple of challenges into the making of it. And managed to make my first slimline card for a long time, too! 



I had already decided I wanted to stencil some hearts on my card - and then saw the Just Us Girls Challenge was looking for rainbows, so why not! And my stencilled hearts looked even better after I traced around them with a Sharpie pen, as this month's CAS Mix Up suggested we try. I was also reminded of my historic youth, when we actually used cardboard letter stencils to trace titles for school projects... I had trouble tracing perfectly then, I have trouble tracing perfectly now. :D After I traced, I continued to leave the stencil on and gave the hearts a generous spray with sparkle mist. I cut a little piece out of the stencilled panel - I didn't want the two cut layers to still match exactly, but I also needed as much length as possible. The sentiment is heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder. Finally, some gems and sequins, possibly with one covering a pen slip. :D 


And now the outdoors is calling to me again. Have a great day! 


Edited to add: I realize I left out an applicable challenge! (And don't want to change my post title...) I'm also adding this to the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge - I took a number of liberties with the sketch, but hope it's still acceptable. 


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, The Ink Road Modern Romance stamp, Versafine onyx black & picked raspberry, barn door, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, blueprint sketch, shaded lilac & wilted violet distress ink, Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Sharpie pen, Tsukineko clear sparkle shimmer mist, Studio Katia iridescent hearts, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. Love your stenciled rainbow hearts. Great job of combining challenges...I have one more for you...check out this week's CAS(E) this Sketch. That's what I first thought of when I saw your card.

Viv said...

Loving these sparkly rainbow hearts Lindsey! Your tracing has made them really pop off the page. Great card and pleased that you came along to our gallery at CAS Mix Up this month!

Bonnie said...

Your rainbow colored and outlined hearts are so bright and pretty! What a great anniversary card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

laurie said...

Awesome card..love all the hearts!!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous rainbow stenciled hearts, Lindsey! I love how you added the split angled sentiment to your long card design too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Stencil tracing. Stay Safe and Creative. Hugs...Nancy

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous rainbow card, the stencilling is great. I'm sure the recipients loved it.

Nancy said...

So happy to see this fabulous card linked up at Just Us Girls. Your rainbow hearts look fabulous outlined too! Such a great slimline card. Hugs my friend!

cm said...

Even though you already know I love this card, I'm saying it again: LOVE it! Rainbow hearts on a slimline card certainly captured my heart! Thrilled you shared this in the JUGS gallery!
hugs~carol

Claire said...

Love this it is so vibrant
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Jo said...

Colourful and bright perfect to add sunshine to a birthday. Great job on the outlining too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!