Sunday, December 8, 2019

Hey You!

In my continuing quest for more Christmas cards, I am entering the current challenge at My Favorite Things, with this sketch: 


There are not enough polar bear cards in my life this year, so out came MFT's Cool Day stamp set:  


I stamped my bear, masked him, and added the ice floe from the same set. His sweater and hat are paper pieced, with just a little bit of Copic shading. For the background, I blended some distress inks, then splattered both Perfect Pearls solution and water. A vellum strip gives the ice floe some ocean to float on. My bear's "who, me?" expression seemed perfect for the Hey, You sentiment from another MFT bear set, Bitty Bears. 


I'm also adding this to the current Creative with Stamps challenge, Polar Bear. Another Christmas card down, only ??? left to make and send! ;) 


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, vellum, Echo Park Winter Wished patterned paper, MFT Cool Day & Bitty Bears stamps, Versafine onyx black, Memento Luxe Danube blue, Brilliance pearlescent sky blue & blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, shaded lilac & mermaid lagoon distress inks, Wow clear glaze embossing powder, white confetti Perfect Pearls, Copic markers, foam tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

you are right not enough super cute polar bear cards out there. Great use of the sketch and a fab. card. Super paper piecing. I'm still checking my list....you need a few extra for those who didn't send last year but did this year.

cm said...

Oh, for gosh sakes! He is the cutest polar bear ever, especially in his snazzy sweater and matching toque with sparkles! Love this scene!
hugs~c

Dotty Jo said...

He's gorgeous! Jo x

Sherri Thacker said...

I love how you paper pieced his sweater! Soooo cute!!!

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Fun scene and I am loving his paper pieced hat and sweater. I would wear it all the time. I am so glad you shared your card over at Creative with Stamps..

APeeling Crafts said...

Aaaahhh so cute! I love that image. NIce job on the background too! Thanks for playing along at Creative with Stamps - Pam DT