Friday, December 6, 2019

Frosty the Snowman


Frosty the Snowman is the theme for the almost over challenge at the Paper Players. I'm finding challenges handy this week as I catch up on Christmas card making after a month of mostly tags. ;) So a prompt, sketch, or theme can give me a head start on getting more cards made. I also had a new snowman image to try: 


He's a much more rustic snowman than my usual, more cute ones, and I tried to keep the setting for him a bit rustic as well. At first I was going to colour him with Copics, but my markers and I weren't getting along, so I switched to stamping and embossing him on watercolour paper instead, and that seemed to suit my abilities and his looks much better. :D For the background, I cut a stitched panel also from watercolour paper (so the snow would match) added a stitched hillside, and blended a little distress ink for the sky. The joy and love sentiment seemed to suit the tone of the card and the space it needed to fit into. ;) I dry embossed a woodgrain pattern into my olive panel before putting the card together. 


This card was also made with the current Shopping our Stash challenge, Happy Holidays, in mind. 
Fair warning: there will (I hope!) be more Christmas card posts soon!


Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow & Stampin' Up old olive cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Picket Fence On a Christmas Walk stamps & dies, Simon Says Stamp Furry Christmas stamps, Versafine smoky grey & tumbled glass distress ink, Wow clear gloss & Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Zig markers, MFT stitched rounded rectangle & blueprints 24 stitched rectangle & Paper Smooches stitched dies, PTI woodgrain texture plate, foam tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Lindsey! I LOVE the green. It makes this cute fella stand out. Your coloring is awesome. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Dotty Jo said...

He's lovely, Lindsey! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

He is so cute and a little rustic, great card!! Some days the whole crafting thing is against me.

JulieP said...

Very cute! And I saw you got a shout out from Picket Fence Studios!

Lisa Arana said...

I can't get enough of that green. I love this little snow guy & his little scarf. He is just so full of joy.

Donna said...

I am totally diggin the rustic vibe of this snow dude!
Thanks for celebrating the holidays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!