Wednesday, December 4, 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge: Y & Z


It's the first Wednesday in December, and the last month of the year - and that means the final two letters in the alphabet for ABC Christmas Challenge! This month our two themes are Y for Yuletide and Z for Zigzag
I knew exactly what I wanted to do for Y is for Yuletide - and could NOT believe that in my, um, large collection of Christmas stamps I did not have a single sentiment with "yule" or "yuletide" in it! So with a computer-generated sentiment, here's my card: 


I thought this chill snowman was perfect for a cool yule sentiment. He's coloured in Copics. I considered making a sky background, but with the minimal colouring of snow guy, I liked the way this grey snowy background patterned paper looked. I used an edge die to cut the snowy base of the card. 


My Z for Zigzag card: 


I confined my zigzags to the panel backing the festive feline family. They are watercoloured and fussy cut, with a sentiment from the same set added to the card base. 


These two prompts are ideal to get your Christmas card creativity going! Lots more inspiration on the ABC blog, as well. Hope you can join us! 

Supplies: (yuletide) Neenah white cardstock, Memory Box grey card base, Doodlebug Frosty Friends patterned paper, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, Paper Smooches borders 1 & MFT wonky stitched rectangle dies, black icicle Stickles; (zigzag) Bazzill marshmallow & Stampin' Up pear pizazz cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Newton's Nook Newtons Christmas Family stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & Memento bamboo leaves ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Gansai Tambi watercolours, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, Spellbinders Page Maps Potpourri die, foam tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

So many challenges so little time, great cards, those are hard alphas to create for, yes your snowman matches the sentiment and I don't have anything with Yule on it either. Love your stack of kitties.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun pair of cards, Wei! I didn't have a Yule sentiment either but I didn't think to make one up!!! Your cool snowman certainly fits the bill for the sentiment. The kitty card is so cute and I love the zigzag edged panel.
Hugs
Carol x

Helen said...

Fabulous cards Lyndsey - love that cool snowman!
Helen x

PS - I couldn't believe that I didn't have a 'yule' sentiment in my extensive collection either!

Natalie said...

I was wondering where that Yule sentiment came from when I saw your card on IG so I had to come here to find out more! Great job on both cards.

Dorte said...

Love both of your cards, Lindsey...your Y for Yuletide is very creative, and the Z card is just so cute.
Hugs Dorte

Lisa Arana said...

I adore both of these cards so much! I love the grey with the snowman. Seriously love! And who doesn't love a pile of kitties and presents? Too darn cute and such fabulous watercoloring.