Saturday, September 8, 2018

Don't LEAVE...

... after all, it's Saturday, and time for a new Snarky Stampers challenge! 


IT'S STILL SUMMER. Yet I realize, after Labour Day, with school back in session and cooler days and nights... thoughts turn to fall. But I'm not ready! Edna obviously is, however, considering Lee's great graphic and the new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers theme: L is for LEAVES. I decided to bypass the whole obvious autumn inspiration and went straight for the fun part... Halloween:  


My cool dude jack-o-lantern is a combination of an Essentials by Ellen pumpkin and facial features from The Ink Road's Meow Mix set. I inked him with distress ink then used a paint brush to pull the ink from the stamping to colour the rest of the pumpkin. The leaves were coloured the same way. The background is made with a stencil, a whole lot of different distress inks, and a stencil brush. I like how the white web stands out against the background. 
While my card may have more attitude than snark, you can rest assured there is snark to be had on the Sisters blog! Be sure to check all the leafy creations, including that of our repeat queen, Lisa! I hope you'll join us.

Supplies: black cardstock, Bienfang bristol, Canson watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen Got Candy? & Thankful stamps & dies, The Ink Road Meow Mix stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & too many distress inks to list, Liquid glass & Hero Arts white embossing powder, ARTplorations cobweb stencil

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Amazing! I love that stencilled cobweb, it looks so ethereal and autumnal

Dotty Jo said...

This is great - why didn't I think of Halloween??? Jo x

Chris Dring said...

This is so cool! And so not your trademark CAS card! Love that background and your pumpkin with attitude!

Donna said...

Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhhh
I love so much about this sistah!
The jack o lantern...the spider web...the colours
Love it sistah!!

Lisa D said...

Love love love the web background!