Saturday, September 22, 2018

Monsters!


Happy fall equinox, on my side of the planet! And happy start of spring, if you're on the other half. (I'm envious.) We have a brand new challenge starting at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, that relates to autumn only in the sense that we're just over a month away from Halloween... M is for Monsters! I'm not sure Edna wants to look behind her right at the moment. :o 
I was in a tag-making mood when I tackled this challenge...


I'm a fan of monsters in purple, and I thought the purple metallic embossing with purple watercolour powder made this guy appropriately slimy-looking. While this stamp set comes with facial features to add to your monster, googly eyes seemed more fun. The background I made ages ago, when I was sponging some stencilled backgrounds and decided this one was best left for Halloween use. Spooky-eye ribbon and sparkly purple tinsel twine finish him off. So to speak — it would likely take more than a couple of bits of ribbon to finish him off if you met him in a dark alley. 
Whether or not Halloween is your thing, it's always fun to put a monster or two on a card! Check out the monstrous creations of the rest of the snarky sisters as well as our current Queen of Snark and guest designer, Sharon! Hope you'll join us for this monster challenge. 

Supplies: white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Hero Arts Build a Monster stamps, Versamark & carved pumpkin, twisted citron & wilted violet distress inks, metallic purple embossing powder, Magenta Nuance wisteria watercolour powder, Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil, American Crafts ribbon, Tim Holtz Idea-ology tinsel twine, $ store googly eyes, foam tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Not sure how you achieved it, but your monster looks both slimy and cute all at the same time! LOL! Awesome tag!

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun - I love this! Jo x

Majo said...

Oh, I love this one, dear Sistah ♥

Donna said...

Love the purple monstah!
He looks almost gelatinous!! Fab job!!