Sunday, March 19, 2017

When in Doubt... Go Crazy?

A self-imposed need to keep up my daily colouring streak for The Daily Marker 30 Day challenge did not go well at first today. I began by *attempting* to watercolour a bunch of images from a My Favorite Things stamp set called "Our Story". All but a teeny cat and a tiny pile of books are now in recycling. But instead of giving up, I moved on to a Crazy Bird! For me, they more or less colour themselves, which seemed wise today. 


I watercoloured the bird and his lovely bouquet of wildflowers, then was trying to decide on a background when I came across this piece of patterned paper on the table that went perfectly! I die cut it and gave it some woodgrain texture for a little added fun. A sentiment strip to perch on and everything was done. Now I just hope tomorrow won't begin quite as frustratingly as today did. 😉

Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Authentique Be(you)tiful patterned paper, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds & Crazy Things stamps & dies, Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous Hashtags stamp, MFT black licorice ink, Zig clean colour real brush markers, MFT wonky stitched rectangle dies, Papertrey Ink woodgrain impression plate, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Super cute card! (although those crazy birds still creep me out) At least you were able to play in your craft room today. It was a 'clean the house before I go on vaca' day for me. Blah!

Heather said...

Your crazy bird has such a tentative look on his little face. Lovely colour combination.