Friday, June 3, 2022

For the Boys at Scrap n Stamp!


Happy June! It's the first June Friday, and that means it's time for a new Scrap n Stamp Inspiration Hop! Our theme this month is FOR THE BOYS - time to make some masculine cards. There are two "boys" in my family graduating from high school this month, so I knew what I wanted to make: 


CAS design, not too much bling, not overly cute - concepts I find helpful when needing a masculine card. I picked up these Picket Fence sentiment stamps and dies with graduation cards in mind, although there are lots of other possibilities as well. I decided "happy graduation day" would be my secondary sentiment, and stamped it down a panel of Neenah white cardstock in grey ink.  My mortarboard, from Crazy Things, is coloured to go with my graduates' school colours - two schools in two different parts of Ontario, and lucky me, they both have burgundy/maroon in their school colours. :D For a perfect match, I coloured some white cardstock with the same marker before stamping, heat embossing and die cutting the congratulations sentiment. I cut two more from some scrap burgundy cardstock to add dimension, and one from black cardstock to act as a shadow. For the grad cap, I simply cut three extra black ones. After adding a thin mat of black, I adhered my main panel to some matte silver cardstock. Masculine and classy! 


Hopping and commenting on this inspiration hop puts you in the running to win a $50 gift certificate to the Scrap n Stamp shop! If you happen to struggle occasionally with masculine cards, you might just pick up a few tips along the way, too. ;) Here is the entire hop order: 

SNS Blog --> start here
Lindsey --> that's me!
Karen --> next on the hop

If you are inspired to make some cards for the boys, we have just the sale for you! Simply click here or on the sale graphic below: 


Have fun hopping! 

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful graduation card Lindsey!!! Fabulous background too, so perfect for anyone's graduation.

sharon g said...

The red looks great! And the embossing gives it an extra elegant look!

~amy~ said...

Fabulous graduation design! Congrats to your graduates!

Dee Earnshaw said...

great looking grad card - thanks for the ideas

Jean said...

Love this! A wonderful card!

Annette Allen said...

such an awesome card.. totally love it

Kia's Place said...

A fabulous card for graduation Lindsey.

Mary-Anne V said...

Fantastic grad card..love the subtle background.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the repetitive stamping on the background on this card!

Kristy E. said...

Simple and classy! Love it!

Giselle said...

My step-son is graduating this year so I really appreciate your beautiful card. I’ll be using yours as inspiration for his card and future cards.

Kate LeBlanc said...

That is a wonderful graduation card. Everything is so neat and crisp. Beautiful!

Ms. Tamp said...

Nice design share. I like the combination of sentiments.