Saturday, October 16, 2021

Color Hues: Red and Kraft


Here we are, speeding into the second half of October, which means it's time for a new Color Hues challenge! Our awesome leader Nancy has chosen the colours: RED and KRAFT. Like Nancy, I find these hues a great pairing for Christmas, and immediately headed in that direction: 


Kraft is also a handy colour for stamping gingerbread! And of course this poor guy is one of my favourites. After stamping him, I used the point of a toothpick to add some leftover amputation crumbs. I stamped the sentiment in red, then deckle-die cut the panel. On the next panel - are those the world's tiniest gingies stamped on the kraft? Why yes! And then I cut the third panel from patterned paper. 


As my teammates demonstrate, these hues are for more than just Christmas! We also have our guest designer, Maja, so be sure to visit the Color Hues blog to see all the inspiration on view. I hope you'll join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white & desert storm cardstock, Echo Park Christmas This & That patterned paper, Ellen Hutson Tis the Season & Picket Fence A Christmas Walk stamps, MFT biscotti & Stampin' Up real red ink, Sizzix/Tim Holtz stacked deckle dies

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Joyce said...

This is such run, and also one of my favorite color combos. I have lots of ideas to play along, and let's hope I can get one of them done--I have two weeks, so will be optimistic.

JulieP said...

I have and adore this stamp. Super cute with the deckled edges. I can't wait to find time to play!!!

cm said...

"Leftover amputation crumbs"...LOL! Yes, I can see why your poor gingerbread is a favourite. He's super cute, despite the...um...'tasting' he's endured! And the itty bitty gingies in the background: fabulous touch! LOVE this!
hugs~c

Julie B said...

I agree, red and kraft are the perfect combo for Christmas and of course gingerbread! Your cute gingerbread man reminds me of the beginning to The Great British Bake Off, (if you know of it in Canada) The show is sponsored here by Aldi and features a cute gingerbread family that are always getting into scrapes at the ad breaks! :)

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! What a lovely colour combo too, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable, the paper is so perfect for it too. super cute gingie and your card is well designed with the deckle edged layers. Love it.

Nancy said...

Love his trail of crumbs, how creative! A perfect CAS Christmas card!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute and so much fun....just love all those sweet crumbs!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a sweet card! I love the trail of crumbs! So fun! Have a great week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Poor little Ginger someone snapped off his foot, I see the debris!! Super cute and such a fun Christmas card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh that stamp is brilliant with that sentiment, and I love your extra crumbs Lindsey! Vicky x

Cindy Beach said...

This is adorable and those crumbs make it especially sweet. I love those deckled edges!

Greta said...

Oh so cute! Love the candy cane panel!