Saturday, August 7, 2021

Inkspirational: Journey


It's time for a new challenge at Inkspirational! We have a word prompt for you: JOURNEY. I even managed to get the word prompt on my card! 


I wasn't entirely sure where I wanted this card to go (haha) at first, but I knew I wanted to use this particular sentiment - it suggests a metaphorical journey. I grabbed a random pad of travel-themed patterned paper, and decided the subtle map print would be a perfect background. The orange stripes are the reverse of it, so I used it for a border down the one side of the card base. Another sheet had these fun bingo-type images, and with the journey card in orange, I knew I was onto something. From there, I also picked the explore card, since I could ink-match it perfectly. And I finally cut apart another stamp where I really only like the heart images, that I used beneath the sentiment. I added a little sparkle to the two tiny hearts in the sentiment, and a couple of star confetti sequins to the "free" spaces in the bingo cards. I think this would make a great graduation or wedding card for the right person! 


Where does the word "journey" take you? (I'm here all week, folks...) For more inspiration, be sure to visit the Inkspirational blog, and then I hope you will join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Simple Stories Urban Traveler patterned paper, Unity Direction of Your Heart & Trust with Your Heart stamps, Catherine Pooler juniper mist ink, Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush marker, Little Things from Lucy's Cards lucky dip star confetti, foam tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Pia S said...

I love that you shared how this card came to. It describes, in general, how my cards come to life too. I’ve got the feeling many crafters now the outcome of their card before starting, having a clear vision of what to use. That impresses me. Not me. I can start with a sentiment or an image. Then ruffle through my papers or stencils. Then spending time choosing shapes, dies. Embellishments can be tried and retried. But for my cards this time, It was a quick decision on sentiment, than choosing the flowers. And not so much time pondering over background as I made 2 cards:)
I love how your card turned out, and that you fitted in the word prompt too.

Emily Leiphart said...

I really love this combination of papers and colours! The typography paper is really awesome, as is the orange, of course. ;)

Marina said...

These colours look beautiful together and I always love map paper...yes, a great card for a metaphorical journey!

Lisa Arana said...

So sweet. Love the way you layered everything.

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic sentiment and images Lindsey~

cm said...

Pairing the metaphorical journey sentiment with literal journey images/words is brillaint! The bingo cards are fun, especially paired with the subtle map background! Yep, love it!
hugs~c