Thursday, July 22, 2021

Seize the Birthday: Travel


It's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge! If you know my teammate Glenda even a little bit, you will not be surprised to find out she was the one who has picked our new challenge topping: TRAVEL! Of course, we are happy to see any and all birthday cards in our gallery, travel-related or not. Here's mine: 


I had this great Paper Smooches bicycle already die cut and in my stash, so I built my card around that. To emphasize the travel theme, I paired it with some fun map patterned paper. To ground the bike, I used a die cut strip of winding road. I thought the dashed scoring under the sentiment echoed it nicely. No stamping! Rare for me, but occasionally it just works. With that in mind, I'm entering this in the July Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge. 


Now it's over to you! For lots more inspiration, be sure to visit the StB blog to see the beautiful cards made by my teammates and our current surprise party guest, Melanie! You have until Tuesday, August 3rd to join us. 

Supplies: Neenah white & Stampin' Up real razzleberry cardstock, Teresa Collins Far and Away patterned paper, Paper Smooches bicycle, Technique Tuesday cars on the road & Creative Expressions borderline happy birthday dies

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so fun and clever. Love the map used as patterned paper, and that very fun bicycle die cut.

Lisa Arana said...

Love the great die cuts! I adore that patterned paper too, the little map banners are fabulous.

Barbara Godden said...

What a clever and awesome way to make the map into banners, the focal point looks awesome on that "road" Fabulous card design. Love it.

Barbara said...

This is so clever and I love that background. That bike for the travel is spunky and a great die-cut. Altogether this is awesome!

JulieP said...

Great idea with the bicycle!!! Loving the colors as well.

JoAnn said...

Love your cute bicycle, colors, and the design of your card is great.

Nancy said...

This is a great masculine card, Lindsey! Loving that bicycle and pathway plus you are using one of my favorite shades of red. Way to get rid of one piece of your stash. Now only 500 more to go...if your stash looks like mine. LOL HUGS!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous...love the gorgeous colors and that bike is so fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yep - a bike is a great way to travel. :)

Ashwini Rao said...

Love that fun bicycle die!! With the map pp in it, it does look like travelling all over the world with the bicycle! I love the color combo as well!

Cathy said...

Love this design, the map banners look fab with the bicycle, Cathy x

Glenda J said...

I think I already raved about how much I love this card over on Instagram - but I will do so again here. I love the colours, the background and the terrific layout. Thanks for knocking it out of the park for the travel challenge.