Thursday, July 8, 2021

Seize the Birthday: Framed


It's time again for a Seize the Birthday Thursday! Our new optional topping, chosen by my teammate TaeEun, is FRAMED. I had in my stash what I thought would be a perfect birthday card frame, but if you aren't so lucky, we always love to see any birthday card added to our gallery.
Here's my card: 


In the before times, I die cut this happy frame at my friend Emily's. I only had the one, so it was a little scary to do the heat embossing on it, but I wanted the balloon strings to carry onto the frame, and I also wanted the "happy" to match - it's double heat-embossed to really shine. For the balloons themselves, I coloured them then added a good coating of sparkle marker. For the birthday sentiment strip and the teal shadow panel, I just coloured with the same Copics so they would match. If you've been tuning in regularly this week ;) you may notice that little strip of patterned paper comes from one of the cards I posted yesterday - there it was on my table, saying, look at me, I match! I tried a few different card bases, but liked the frame popped up on this textured white one the best. 


Beautifully framed cards by my StB teammates and our current surprise party guest, Melanie! Why not add a birthday card to your stash and join us? 

Supplies: Neenah white & textured white American Crafts cardstock, Doodlebug Frosty & Friends patterned paper, MFT Balloon Bundle & Simon Says Stamp Happy stamps, Versamark ink, Ranger fine silver & Wow fine white opaque embossing powder, Copic markers, Catherine Pooler Instant Happy die, Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen, fun foam

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

JulieP said...

Very creative with the balloon strings! This is really a fun card.

Barbara said...

I love the closeup picture of this card. It shows all of the details that you wanted on it. Looks like you succeeded in all that you wanted to accomplish. This is fabulous!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome framed card, Love the design and of course my two fav. colours together. great intrest using the balloon strings. and hmm if I had a scrap of patterned paper on my table it would be on the floor fast. Duncan is a good boy.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun angled framing!

Joyce said...

Love that fun frame and how the balloons strings extend down. And, I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, but then I saw that fun little bit of striped paper.

Nancy said...

I am in agreement with Barb...the closeup photo really shows all the work you put into this card. I love the colorful piece of paper underneath the greeting and shadow panel, not to mention your color combo. Such a creative layout Lindsey! Well done! HUGS!

Cathy said...

Clever design with the balloon strings on the frame, love the shine from the embossing on these and the sentiment, gorgeous colours too on this cool card, Cathy x

Colleen said...

One of my very favorite color combos! Love your balloons inside the happy frame!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful balloons...love those colors and the shiny silver on the edges. Just so much fun.

JoAnn said...

Love your colorful balloons and the frame is perfect with the heat embossing. Love all the shine. Great card Lindsey.

Lisa Arana said...

Lovely! I adore that colors combo and I'm a sucker for balloons.

cm said...

Sparkly balloon bouquet! 'Nuff said: love it!
hugs~c

TaeEun said...

Purple and teal look so cool together! I love that you heat embossed the strings on the polaroid frame!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Lindsey. I love the shiny Happy!

Glenda J said...

Perfect frame for this challenge! Love the silver embossing and the bright & bold colours.