Thursday, March 12, 2020

Seize the Birthday: A Touch of Green


Happy Thursday and welcome to a new challenge at Seize the Birthday: A Touch of Green! Although spring is on the way in my part of the world, I'm not seeing any touches of green here yet. So perhaps that's why I ended up with more than just a touch of green on my card! 


Apart from Christmas and foliage, green is not a particularly go-to colour for me. As I mulled over various ideas, I decided this turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th would work in just green, rather than the usual four colours. (Also, did you see the current C&9th sale? I have a few more turnabout stamps coming my way, so I thought now was a good time to practice!) I used a pearlescent ink to stamp, so the image has a bit of shimmer to it. Not nearly as much as the sentiment, though - I added holographic embossing powder to it for lots of fun shine. Luckily, I had some patterned paper that was a nice match for the ink to use for a background panel. 
In a fun coincidence, Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges are looking for green, too! 


As always, we love to see any newly created birthday cards in our link-up - green or not, make a birthday card and play along! 



Supplies: Stampin' Up very vanilla cardstock, Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy patterned paper, Concord & 9th Everyday Bouquet Turnabout & Altenew Label Love stamps, Brilliance pearlescent thyme ink, holographic embossing powder, Winnie & Walter Katharine Cutaways dies, foam tape

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Lindsey! Such a lovely choice of shade and sweet images, Jo x BTW, you seem to have quite a few spam comments over at Seize - nothing offensive, but just annoying as spam tends to be.

Ashwini Rao said...

This is awesome, Lindsey! I love how all of the greens match each other...and I would have loved to see that shimmer in the green too - sounds really pretty!

Barbara said...

I am with you, green is not my go-to color. In fact, when I was sick as a kid, I would see green. I feel a bit differently about it now, but still not my favorite. You, on the other hand, made a great card with it. That turnabout stamp is amazing and yes, I saw the sale. I like your design and the sentiment right in the center front.

JulieP said...

Love the shimmer! Hoping you see some green up your way soon.

Stef Perry said...

I'm with you I went all in on the green LOL! Maybe because we don't have much yet here either. Love your turnabout design with all those gorgeous images and I can definitely see the shimmer on the sen. Fabulous card!

Nancy said...

When I look at my file folder of scrap paper, green is almost the fullest. I love green and love your card! The mix of patterns is perfect! Stay well!

Anita in France said...

Deliciously delicate, Lindsey ... this is such a lovely turnabout ... and looks so fresh and spring-like in shimmery green! Anita :)

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Cathy said...

I love green although I don't use it very often, love your card though, the dp matches your stamped design perfectly! Cathy x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome mono green card

JoAnn said...

Very pretty green card. Love it.

Glenda J said...

Well considering isn't a go-to colour for you, you rocked it! Great layout for this cheerful card.

Chris Dring said...

I'm really digging this in the one color. So pretty!

shirley-bee said...

Looks fabulous all in one colour, Lindsey! I like green :)