Sunday, October 6, 2019

Happy Little Stampers ATC: Three of a Kind


It's time for a new Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge! This month, we are looking for a set of three Artist Trading Cards or Coins, but the theme of them is up to you. 
As I was pondering what theme I'd like to choose, I did think perhaps a trio of wine-related ATCs... but then I remembered I'd already managed to do that when we had our TIME theme. :D So then my obvious choice was... cats! 



For the background, I grabbed some black cardstock, a cat stencil, and translucent embossing paste. While that dried, I decided which of my, ahem, several cat stamp sets I would like to use, and thought this quirky MFT set would be fun. I did some loose watercoloring of the three cats and a few accessories. By this time, I was able to go back, cut the three ATCs, and use distress oxide inks to add some colour to the backgrounds with the emboss resist technique. Adding washi tape to each ATC initially came about as my stencil wasn't quite long enough to cut three full cards. Adding washi down one side of my one card covered up the missing stencil part. Then I realized it would be fun to add it to the other two as well. Finally, I stamped and embossed the three sentiments, cut them out, and added everything to the bases. Here's a closer look at each one. 




With the embossing paste backgrounds and heat-embossed sentiments, I'm adding my trio to the current Shopping Our Stash challenge, Dream the Embossible Dream. They are also going to Addicted to Stamps and More's Anything Goes challenge. 
You'll enjoy seeing all the different themes the design team chose to use for their cards and coins! I hope you'll be inspired to join us with your own trio of ATCs. 


Supplies: Neenah white & Recollections black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, MFT Cat-itude stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & assorted distress oxide inks, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, Ranger/Dylusions It's Raining Cats stencil, Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, CUTplorations ATC tag builder die, Queen & Co. washi tape, foam tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

JulieP said...

Well yeah, if not wine...cats! ROFL!!! Awesome!

Barbara Godden said...

Super sweet Cat atcs, fabulous backgrounds and purrfect sentiments. Thanks for dreaming the embossible dream with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello, I apologize for this late comment.
I just recently was introduced to ATC cards and they are so much fun to make.
Love all three of yours, super cute images and fun, fun sentiments.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Hugs.

foleysfriend said...

These ATCs are just paw-some! They are just purr-fect. So stinkin' cute. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Nancy said...

Your three ATCs are all so adorable! It's funny because it never occurred to me to make 3 of them! lol :o)

Lisa Arana said...

Look at all these cute little kitties. Great backgrounds and fun little atc cards.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE.THE.CATS!. -- so fun.