Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Happy Little Stampers ATC: Time


Why yes, it's TIME for another Happy Little Stampers Artist Trading Card Challenge! (The C in ATC can also stand for coin, but I haven't explored that frontier yet...) Our theme for August is time, and I had two directions to choose between - there's the whole birthday/aging theme, but I discovered that many of my time-related sentiments seemed to reference wine and drinks! So I grabbed my favourite time-related background stamp and got to work. 


As you can see, I made two different backgrounds using the same clock stamp. For the top left/bottom right, I decided to see if spray mists would work for ink smooshing the clock stamp. Since the stamp was going to be quite wet, I used watercolour paper. The first impression was very wet and therefore gave a loose impression, where the second try was a bit drier and allowed the clocks to show more. Similarly with the distress inks smooshed and stamped onto mixed media card, I got a more abstract look with the first use and slightly clearer with the second. (I also think I moved the stamp a bit on the first inking, but since it's drinks related, a little fuzziness kind of fits in anyway!) 
A quick look at each one: 


The wine glass is die cut and embossed with three coats of gold pearl embossing powder for a smooth finish. The sentiment is embossed with clear powder. 


The cocktail and umbrella are stamped, embossed, coloured with Copics and fussy cut. The sentiment is from a new MFT set - I split it in half to bracket the drink image. 


The wine bottle is a two-step stamp, so I could stamp the main part in (of course) merlot ink, then add the label and foil in gold ink before embossing. 


As the clocks were quite abstract on this section of background, I added a few extra pocket watch images to it. I was able to use the same wine glass stamp twice to get them clinking, then added the heat embossed sentiment. 
I've decided that I use way too much stuff when making ATCs to name it all in a supply list, but if you have any questions, I hope you will leave a comment and ask. I also hope you'll take some time in the next few weeks and join us! 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

They're brilliant, Lindsey. What a clever take on the theme of time - you make me proud! ;) Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Scrolling down the dt atcs I rarely look at the naame so as soon as I saw the 4 with the alcohol on them I scrolled back up and said yup thought they were lindseys. Awesome job. How did you do the glass of merlot? I hope I can squeeze "TIME" in to make some.