Thursday, June 20, 2019

Cover the Card at Seize the Birthday


Happy almost-summer Thursday! It's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge, and our newest optional topping is "cover the card".  



To be honest, I wasn't absolutely sure what exactly that meant when I first saw it, but what we're looking for essentially is no white space on the card. You can stamp or use die-cuts to cover the whole card. I of course had to go my own way and chose to sponge my entire card panel instead. I know, one of these days I'll get kicked out. 😂


While I of course love playing with new stamps, I also like finding a new way to use my older stuff. I've had this large corner stamp from Unity since shortly after the dawn of time, and this may be its first use. I stamped and embossed it in white before using several shades of distress ink to colour my panel. The sentiment is also embossed in white. I tried all sorts of different bling options before adding Nuvo drops to the flower centres. 
I'm adding this card to the current Inkspirational Garden challenge, since flowers and butterflies are the perfect ingredients for my kind of garden. I'm also linking up to the Addicted to Stamps and More anything goes challenge. 
For more inspiration, head over to the blog, where the design team and our current surprise party guest, Linda, have beautiful interpretations of our theme. Remember, we welcome all birthday cards, so join us! 


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Unity (grab bag) & Inkadinkado Happy Birthday stamps, Versamark & mermaid lagoon, salty ocean, blueprint sketch & chipped sapphire distress inks, Wow white embossing powder, Nuvo sea breeze Jewel Drops

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I can almost hear you singing 'I did it myyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy!' Great card, Lindsey, the embossing really pops beautifully against the blue, Jo x

Barbara said...

You are too funny, but I enjoy reading your blog descriptions of your card. "From the Dawn of time" That one will need to remember as I have those stamps too. Love it when I clean out supplies and find old (new) stamps. Well, your card is amazing, Your sponging is so fine and incredible with the white embossed design and sentiment. You can to it your way anytime!

Barbara Godden said...

That stamp is beautiful and you sure did it justice. Fabulous card.

Carol L said...

IMHO I think you nailed the challenge without a doubt! That's a beautiful stamp and it looks so pretty with the sponged blue all around it! I'm glad you dug this stamp from the depths of time and used it, because it's a real beauty! Love your birthday card!

Nancy said...

LOL... You aren't going anywhere my dear, at least as long as I am around! Such a great card Lindsey! The embossing really pops beautifully against the blue! Glad you finally put ink on this old, old stamp! Hope you enjoyed your birthday too!

Julie B said...

Love the contrast between the intense blue background and the white flowers.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! The white against the beautiful sponged blues - just lovely

JoAnn said...

Love your blended background with the white embossed floral arrangement, very pretty.

TaeEun said...

The ink blended panel is beautiful! Love the blues!!! It looks gorgeous in contrast with the white image and sentiment! Awesome take on the Topping!

Ashwini Rao said...

What incredible blending! Beautiful shades of blue, Lindsey! And I thought that the flowers were actually die cut, they look so beautiful! And if you keep making such beauties, I don't think there's any chance of anyone kicking you out!! :P

shirley-bee said...

Wow! The stamped image looks like lace, and I love the blended background.

Glenda J said...

Well, they haven't kicked me out yet and I bend the rules all the time so I think you're safe! Your card is absolutely stunning! Love it.

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful!