Thursday, May 23, 2019

Seize the Birthday with Presents!


It's time for another Seize the Birthday challenge! 


For the last challenge, we had the birthday balloons, and now we're bringing out the PRESENTS! As always, our birthday card topping is optional - we like to see all handmade birthday cards in our linkup. 
I decided to pull out an older Hero Arts stamp for my card: 


I think up until now I've only used this stamp at Christmas, but it seemed perfect for our theme. She is stamped (masking off the "for you" sentiment beneath her) and sparkle-embossed on watercolour paper. For more sparkle, I pulled out my Twinkling H2Os for both the light wash of the background and the more intense colouring of the image. You can get a better idea of the sparkle from this full-sunlight close-up:


Going through some of my patterned paper, this yellow one seemed the best fit for the multicolour image. Although my sentiment isn't specifically birthday, I think it's clear this is meant as a birthday card - well, that and the "Happy Birthday" I stamped inside. 😉


With all my bright colours, I'm adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Bright Colours Inspiration Mood Board
There are many more presents to be inspired by on the Seize the Birthday blog, from my teammates as well as our current surprise party guest, Linda! Why not give someone the gift of a handmade card and join us! 


Supplies: Neenah white & Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray patterned paper, Hero Arts For You Gifts & Lawn Fawn Tiny Tag Sayings stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear sparkle embossing glitter, Twinkling H2Os, MFT Blueprints 29 stitched rectangle & Lawn Fawn tiny tag dies, Pinkfresh Studio enamel dots, Hemtique twine, foam tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So pretty and sparkly! I love that little heart tag too, Lindsey. What a lovely card. Must try and enter this challenge as I love the toppings theme, Jo x

JoAnn said...

Great card Lindsey. Love the image with all the presents and the sparkle. Your coloring looks great too.

Barbara said...

Where is she? I sure would love a friend like this that would stack up all of these gifts for a birthday. What a grand idea to use a Christmas stamp.

Ashwini Rao said...

Wowie!! Totally sparkly, totally awesome! Love the design, the pattern paper and the stack of presents! Great card!

Nancy said...

This stamp was perfect for this challenge! Love all your added sparkle. Bet this looks extra special in real life! Great card and I hope you have a great long weekend!!

TaeEun said...

Oh! How shiny and sparkly! It is a darling card! Love the heart tag you chose for the sentiment!

Nora Noll said...

This is SO CUTE!!! LOVE!!

Lisa Arana said...

Oh, how darling. I love that little heart tag and the placement is just perfect.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun with the sparkly presents

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the sparkle and the shimmer from the twinkling H2Os. You've coloured the image beautifully, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

Great idea to stretch your Christmas stamps for birthdays, LIndsey! the yellow background paper works perfectly.