Friday, May 31, 2019

Happy Little Stampers: Love


Welcome to the June Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge! Our (always optional) theme this month is LOVE. Lots of possibilities with this, I think! Here's mine:


Watercolour powders, the easiest form of watercolouring! So easy, in fact, that I checked with my teammates to make sure it was allowed. :D My favourite watercolour powders have other colours mixed in with the main shade, and this one, mostly red, also has some orange and even a bit of blue. I'm using one of my favourite ways to use these powders, with a white-embossed background image. I love how the colour automatically pools and concentrates more in some areas than others, giving a look that seems (to the non-crafting eye) much more work than it is. Here's a closer look: 


Over the base, I layered a die cut cover plate, adding the two part sentiment and an enamel heart. 
For more inspiration, my watercolour teammates have many beautiful interpretations of this month's theme! Or you are welcome to add any watercolored project to our link up. You have the month of June to come and play along! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, MFT Roses All Over & Concord & 9th Love You Mean It stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear glitter & white embossing powder, Magenta Nuance berry watercolour powder, Sugar Pea Designs Large Striped Cover Plate die, (?) enamel dot

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh Lindsey this is fantastic, Love your watercoloured inspiration piece, great use of the die cut and love the sentiment.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...totally amazing and gorgeous creation!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is beautiful. I love the layout of your card.

Barb Housner

Ina G said...

Love the result you got here with those bold powders Lindsey. I'd be lost with out mine. Stunning embossed in white. Love the cover plate and the simple sentiment with that wee heart.

HilaryJane said...

This is gorgeous, just love the background xx

BożenA said...

WOW! I love deep red and contrasting whiteness. A great design.
Hugs,
BożenA