Saturday, March 9, 2019

I've Got the Ombré Blues at the Sisterhood


Edna is looking lovely in teal ombré, and we want you to look good in ombré, too! The newest challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is O is for Ombré. Light to dark, dark to light, show us some colour fade on your card or other paper creation. I didn't have a complete plan in mind when I started my card, I just knew I want to play in blue. Here's what I ended up with:


I decided to use this new stencil to add an ombré element down the left side of my panel. So I had the ombré, but where to go from there? Browsing through my stamps, I decided that you can never go wrong with alcohol! I mean stamps and dies on that theme, of course. While the martini glass die has a coordinating stamp, I simply sponged a bit of cardstock with the same three inks and die cut the shape, as well as a few extras that I adhered together to add some dimension. I also spritzed it with some shimmer mist, since who wouldn't want a sparkly blue martini! Using the darkest blue, I stamped and embossed the sentiment. I also used the dark blue to ink the edges of my card base before offsetting the main panel on some fun foam to pop it up. 


My snarky sisters have so many different ways to interpret our challenge, you will have to check it out! We also have a new Queen of Snark and guest designer, Pip. Add some ombré and join us!

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, MFT Martini Time stamps & dies, Versamark, tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon & chipped sapphire distress ink, Wow clear embossing powder, Carabelle Studio Mosaique stencil, Tsukineko clear sparkle shimmer spray, fun foam

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Majo said...

Bwwwaahhh! You know me? Love it, dear Sistah ♥

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome job on the ombre, fantastic card, super sentiment.

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful! And I love the sentiment, it reminds me of one of my favourite Dorothy Parker quotes.

Darnell said...

There I was minding my own business and I heard someone say martini so I dropped everything and came right over, Lindsey! My kind of sediment and really gorgeous ombre design!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I like how you did your ombre side to side rather than top to bottom!
AND
That sentiment???
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha

Dotty Jo said...

Now this is totally a master class in the art of ombre! Love the colours, love how you ombred and love that your card references alcohol! Jo x

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I think it looks great.

Kate said...

ROFLing over that sentiment and I love your ombre background. One of those cocktails does sound good!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your fabulous card...so much fun.