Friday, March 22, 2019

CAS Mixed Media

     



CAS Mix Up challenge is celebrating its third birthday, and I wanted to play along! Their definition of mixed media is just like mine - I always think if I've stretched myself to use a couple of different techniques, or colouring mediums, or the like, it's mixed media! :D 
The technique called for this month is faux stained glass, and here's mine: 


There are a few different faux stained glass methods suggested on the Mix Up blog, but I knew I wanted to use vellum and Copics. I started by stamping and embossing this gardenia stamp on vellum (embossed to make sure the ink would stay put) then coloured the flowers and leaves on the reverse side. Next I die cut the covering panel and adhered it so just a little of the stamped lines showed - in my brain, added a bit of leaded glass look. To keep everything CAS, I added three scored lines down the left side of the card before adhering the focal image. For just a hint of dimension, I added an extra layer of cardstock under the panel.
To sum up, my card includes: faux stained glass, stamping, die cutting, heat embossing, scoring and alcohol marker colouring. 
I'm also entering this in the The Flower Challenge #30, anything goes. 


I'm back bright and early tomorrow with the new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge! 


Supplies: Papertrey Ink white cardstock, vellum, Neat & Tangled Gardenia Blooms stamp & die, Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear embossing powder, Copic markers, Studio Katia Pink Tourmaline crystals

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This so pretty in pink, Lindsey! Your gardenia stamp was a fabulous choice for the faux watercolor effect!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful card Lindsey. I love the faux stained glass done on vellum with copics --- turned out beautifully! Your card design is fantastic with the flowers split with your sentiment banner. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and I love the way you've done the faux stained glass, which looks fabulous. What a fantastic job you've done with mixing the medias and keeping it CAS. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix UP challenge with your beautiful card x.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This is a beautiful die and you created a beautiful card with it, love the design on it with that awesome space for the sentiment.
So happy you shared at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria/DT

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful die cut, Lindsey! I love how there's a hint of the black embossing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!