Wednesday, February 6, 2019

ABC Christmas - C & D

February weather at the moment makes it an ideal time to make Christmas cards! And here I am with a couple of cards for the February instalment of ABC Christmas Challenge


This month we have C for Candy and D for Decorations. First up, my candy card: 



I pulled out a stamp set for this I didn't get a chance to use last year. The tree image is so big I made a larger than A2 card - this measures 6½ by 4¾ inches, slightly bigger than an A6 card. (I have blank envelopes left over from charity mail-out greeting cards; I used one of them and sized my card to fit.) I have masked the decorations onto the tree before, but wanted a more dimensional look this time. For the "burlap" tree bag, I found an appropriately coloured paper and stamped a burlap pattern on it before cutting and paper-piecing it. 



With the star at the top of my tree, I'll add this to the current HLS Christmas challenge
My first card could have done double duty for D for decorations, but that wouldn't get me more Christmas cards in my stash, would it? 


Another stamp set that didn't get used for the 2018 card collection. The light bulbs are coloured quite simply with Copics, then I added highlights with a white gel pen. I popped the main panel on some festive patterned paper and added everything to a white card base. 


Lots of inspiration to be had on the ABC Christmas Challenge website, so please check out all the design team has to offer, and then come join us! 


Supplies: (candy) Neenah white cardstock, Basic Grey patterned paper, scrap kraft-coloured paper, Ellen Hutson Homespun Holiday stamps & dies, Unity Bit of Burlap stamp, Versafine onyx black, Memento Luxe love letter & espresso truffle & Brilliance galaxy gold ink, Wow clear embossing powder, Copic markers; (decorations) Neenah white cardstock, Lawn Fawn patterned paper, Technique Tuesday String of Lights stamps, Wow clear embossing powder, Copic markers, MFT double stitched rectangle die, Belly Roll white gel pen, fun foam

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What an amazing duo Lindsey! I love the candy canes, burlap sack and fabulous sentiment on the first one, and the second one is just CAS delight with beautiful colours!
Hugs
Carol x

Barbara Godden said...

Super card, love how you coloured the lights and the border paper really makes the lights pop. super burlaped tree cute candy cane decorations.

Helen said...

Love these CAS cards Lindsey - fab job!
Helen x

Tracey McNeely said...

Super fun Christmas cards Lindsey! What a great new challenge too!

Dorte said...

Lovely CAS cards for the C and D challenge, Lindsey.
Dorte xx

Lorraine A said...

2 gorgeous cards Lindsey :-) I love the tree with the candy canes, very cute, and the sentiment is lovely!!
the fairy lights are fabulous too! the paper and colours are gorgeous :-)

So sad to be leaving the team, but I will keep popping by to see your fabulous cards and will be joining in with the challenges ;-)
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
luv
Lols x x x

Zw@@n said...

Two stunning cards, Lindsey. My favorite is the card with the lights, I love the stamp and the traditional colours. Hugs

Chrissie said...

Super card and I love that sentiment! How true are those words!
Thanks for joining in the fun at HLS Christmas Challenge!
Chrissie