Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Muse: Christmas Visions Debut


Hooray! It's my turn to be THE MUSE at Muse: ChristmasVisions! Oh, the pressure. :D Here for your potential creative inspiration is my card: 


Once again, I'm using plastic wrap to create my background — I still love this technique and the effect it gives! (There are several variations on using plastic wrap; this is the one I like to use.) Blue and mauve distress inks give me a wintry sky. The light colours seemed to suit white better than black for the house in the woods silhouette. A bit of yellow vellum lights the window. 
I'm going to add my little scene to three other challenges: Happy Little Stampers February Christmas challenge (but no hearts), Jingle Belles' A Colouring We Will Go and Shopping Our Stash Home Sweet Home.  
I would be thrilled if you joined in and were inspired by my first muse card for ChristmasVisions! You have until 8 am EST Monday, March 5th to play along. 





Supplies: white cardstock, yellow vellum & Canson watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Winter Memories stamp, Stampin' Up lulu lavender, tumbled glass, broken china & shaded lilac distress inks, MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangular & CUTplorations stitched winter landscape dies

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Marianne said...

Love the 'smoky' look of your background from your cling wrap technique. These colours are right up my alley, so I'm hoping to play along at MCV this fortnight. Great job on your first appearance as our MCV Muse. Thanks also for playing along again with my prompt at Jingle Belles. ;-)

lauren bergold said...

i definitely have to try the trick with the plastic wrap b/c LOOOOOOK at this!!! ♥♥♥ so pleased you could join our coloring fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Lindsay! I must try this technique as I love the backgrounds you've made using it. Congrats on being the muse, Jo x Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful background fabulous card, Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for "home sweet home"

Ardyth said...

This is so beautiful! I watched the video and feel like I will have to give this technique a try! So inspired by your first MCV card!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a beautiful background for your little village
I also like to use the saran wrap method (or version of it) on the inside of my cards)
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Mimi said...

Absolutely beautiful! I admire your cling wrap results, and will go watch the video of how you've done it. I didn't not have such success the first time I tried (last month, I think)...

Mimi said...

And thanks for sharing at SOS this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love the amazing, gorgeous background you created with this technique, thank you for the video and for sharing this beautiful card with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, that little house, with it's window lit is just the cutest.
Hugs.

create.365 said...

I just love, love, love the background on this card...looks like it's time for me to get out and play with the plastic wrap again :) Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week!

ElizStewart said...

Congrats on joining the DT! I love your first inspiration... I am going to give it a try!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOve this card Lindsey!!!!! I was inspired right away!!!! HUGS and welcome again to the team!

Donna said...

Loves it sistah!
The background is gorgeous and just pops against the white!
Thanks for coming home sweet home with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!