Thursday, February 15, 2018

Final Valentines

At least I think these are the final valentine cards for this year. 😉 I didn't want to post them until they were received, which happened yesterday. 
My first card is based on my friend Tracey's card for the current Muse challenge. Here's her card: 


I took my cues from the sponged background, the bear plus heart, the layout and the white on black sentiment. Here's my version: 


Rather than a two-colour background, I used just blue on my main panel, then used a heart stencil and a barely damp cloth to lift some of the colour through the stencil. My little bear is embossed with sparkle embossing powder and watercoloured. 
With a love theme, at least a bit of red, and an ARTplorations stencil, I'm also adding this to this month's STAMPlorations challenge, Paint It Red. 
My next card is inspired by wanting to justify my purchase of a 12"x12" valentine-themed paper pad. 😆 In my defence, it was $4 at Dollarama (thanks, snarky sister Barb for the bargain alert!) and the glitter and foil sheets alone practically make it worth getting. Here's my first card using some of it:


I went with a full postal theme, cutting the patterned paper with a postage stamp border die and adding a little stamped and paper-pieced love note as the focal point, popped up on a white heart. 


Crazy to say, this is my third post today! My reminder card for the current Naughty or Nice challenge is here, and my post for today's new Seize the Birthday challenge here


Supplies: (here's a hug) white & black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, My Favourite Things Bitty Bears stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & faded jeans distress oxide inks, Hero Arts sparkle & white embossing powders, Zig markers, MFT blueprints 24 dies, ARTplorations Hearts All Over stencil, foam tape; (love letter) white & black cardstock, EK Success/Martha Stewart Love Notes patterned paper, PSA Love Birds stamp, Versafine onyx black & Memento Luxe love letter inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp postage stamp border & QuicKutz heart dies, foam tape

SaveSave Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey both of your cards are so fantastic!!listing the colour using a stencil gives your background d such great dimension and the Bitty Bear is so sweet. The postage icons and images on your red card are so dramatic--LOVE! Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Ardyth said...

Great valentines - I ended up using the same Bitty Bear (posting tomorrow). Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Tina Z. said...

wow, both are super cute, great design!

Robyn Oliver said...

Great cards Lindsey, that's the cutest little bear, nice take on Tracey's card

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful cards..First one is so cute...Love it.

Cat Craig said...

Came over from Muse, and I am glad I did. Both cards are fabulous.

Suzanne D. said...

Great take on the Muse challenge! I love the technique. I must give this a try.

Marilyn said...

Love the background you created on your card for the Muse challenge. Wonderful interpretation of Tracey's card.

maria f. said...

That sweet little bear with the bright red heart - what a spot of color on that fabby blue BG. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month!