Sunday, February 21, 2016

Third Time's the Charm

My friend Tracey is the current muse at the Muse challenge! Here is her card: 



As you can tell from my title, it took me a few tries to get something I liked. For the card I was finally happy with, I was inspired by Tracey's flowers, colours, black sentiment, sprinkling of sequins and general layout. And here's the card I can live with...


I couldn't find flowers to create a cluster the way Tracey did (and yes, I tried), so I chose this image instead. Up to the final second, I was going to emboss in gold, but then I decided gold flower stems would be just too weird, so I chose verdigris, a mix of green and gold, instead. I watercoloured in similar colours to Tracey. I gave the flower centres some sparkle, and used black sparkle powder to emboss the sentiment. 
Thanks for the inspiration, Tracey! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Echo Park For the Record patterned paper, Paper Smooches Best Buds and Thanks stamps, Ranger black sparkle & PSX verdigris embossing powders, My Favorite Things blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, Koh-i-noor watercolours, Sakura Gelly Roll clear sparkle pen, Simon Says Stamp clear sequins, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I really like what you came up with!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey the jar of flowers is so sweet and the mix of watercolour and sparkle is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Becca Cruger said...

Very cute! I always love those folksy flower.

Ardyth said...

You make me laugh! It usually takes me AT LEAST 3 times to make a card! You're right, though, this one's a charmer! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

ElizStewart said...

I was thinking Paper Smooches would be perfect for this challenge...and you proved me right! Your card is just lovely!

Lisa Arana said...

You found the perfect stamp to mimic Tracey's card. Beautifully done.