Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Guesting at CASology: Week 184



Eek! Thanks to my win at CASology last week (#humblebrag) I get to guest alongside the talented design team this week! The current cue word is most timely: 


Time is running out to get those valentines made for the big day this weekend. This seems to be my year to make cute and mushy ones, and today is no exception: 



I started by stamping and embossing these sweet cats and colouring them using distress markers. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment and gave the panel a light wash of distress marker pink. I did the same with the perimeter of the heart, not that you can see it in my photo. If I continue using patterned paper at the volume I used it on this card, I should be through my current stash by the dawn of the next century. 
I used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, but with the size of my focal image, it really didn't look right on a standard A2 card. Luckily, it just so happened my cluster of elements was quite nicely centred when I chopped off the right side to make a square card! Of course, since that challenge is done, it doesn't really matter, does it? ;) I am adding this to CAS on Sunday (valentine), Just Us Girls (word week: valentine) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday (have a heart). 
On behalf of the clean and simple regulars at CASology, I hope you will play along! 




Supplies: marshmallow Bazzill cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Pebbles Yours Truly patterned paper, Simon Says Stamp Furry Kisses stamps, Memento Luxe grey flannel ink, Zing clear embossing powder, QuikCutz heart die, distress markers, Stampin Up ticket corner punch. pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card - I always love a cute and mushy valentine! Congrats on your guest appearance, you did the girls proud! Jo x

Ardyth said...

Super cute! You and Duncan, right? So great to have you as GD this week, Lindsey!

Lin said...

Congrats, Lindsey! Love your take on all the challenges! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Heather said...

I saw a hint off pink. Great card. Love the cats. Maybe a second cat in your future??? Lol

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey those kitties are so cute and the perfect sentiment--love your CAS design. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Lindsey. Cute image and design. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Nancy said...

Lindsey, Cute image and purfect for a Valentine! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls and we hope to see you again soon

Ina G said...

Simple and so cute. Love how a simple card can look sooooo good. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

Joyce said...

Your valentine is cute as can be. Thanks so much for joining us as our Guest Designer this week at CASology.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love these sweet cats! Congrats on GD this week :)

Joyce said...

Oh, this is a super adorable valentine. I love those sweet kitties. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology and being such an awesome Guest Designer.