Sunday, January 10, 2016

Shopping Our Stash (Gah!)

Several of us in the stamping world were shocked and saddened with the recent death of fellow stamper (and for many, friend) Leslie Hanna, aka the Crooked Stamper.  In tribute, Shopping Our Stash's current Colour Me Monochromatic challenge suggests creating a card either in a favourite colour, or Leslie's LEAST favourite colour (gah! — as she would have said) pink. I definitely wanted to play along, even though I feel a little bit (gah!) about pink myself. 



Pink this definitely is. I started with smooshing four (why do I have FOUR? Now there's a question) shades of pink distress ink on my craft mat/butcher paper, misting with a bit of water, and using the result to ink this roses background stamp. While I got a very pretty full size impression, with a second inking I also got this smaller panel. I decided to use it with some coordinating cardstock and a simple thank you sentiment. The full size panel has gone into what Leslie would have called a UFO (unfinished object) pile for use some other time. 
There's still a bit of time left if you want to play along, too, in (gah!) pink or some other colour.



Supplies: Stampin' Up melon mambo & textured blushing bride cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card roses & Hero Arts thank you stamps, spun sugar, worn lipstick, picked raspberry & victorian velvet distress inks, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks so much for joining us as we pay tribute to Leslie! She would have had a {gah - Pink} moment looking at this card, but would have agreed that you you have done a wonderful job with this design!

Hugz,
Chana, DT
Shopping Our Stash Challenge Blog

Becca Cruger said...

What a beautiful tribute. I definitely teared up a little bit. I'm sure Leslie would have loved this card.

Donna said...

I love ya for so many reasons sistah!
Thanks for breaking out your many shades of {GAH} PINK! to help us honour Leslie and for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Colour Me Monochromatic" challenge!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous Card. I'm a "pink" gal myself, but I have to say...I was surprised to read that you had FOUR pink ink pads.I hate to admit I have 8 myself LOL

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful (gah) pink creation, love all of it. thanks for helping us honour Leslie by joining us in the Monochromatic challenge

Jen W. said...

I didn't know Leslie but it's always sad to lose one of our crafty community. Love how the smooshing technique came out with that roses stamp (it really was a stamp made for pink if there ever was one!).

Tracey McNeely said...

Don't judge but I love pink and therefore love your card! The roses are too beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love pink too, not quite as much as blue but it is a close second. Your smooshed roses are totally my cup of tea.