Friday, January 29, 2016

No Words


The challenge cue word at CASology this week is ADORE. I decided I would try making a card that would get the message across without actually using the word: 


I like the combination of the giant speech bubble with tiny typing Snoopy! And while we know those antique curiosities known as typewriters didn't actually have heart keys (okay, I know this; whether you know depends on your age, I guess) I think the message that he's typing a love note is clear. Handwriting a love note might be more romantic, but his lack of opposable thumbs must have posed a problem. I chose my background paper solely on the basis that it is close to the colour of the typewriter in our home when I was small. I used a small scrap to paper piece the body of the typewriter. I also like the way the colour contrasts with the red hearts and makes them pop. The hearts also have some shine with clear Wink of Stella, that you can see in person but not in the photo. With that pop of red, I'm going to enter this card in the current Addicted to CAS RED challenge, as well as Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. 
Happy Friday! 




Supplies: white cardstock, Basic Grey Kelly Purkey Mon Ami patterned paper, PSA Peanuts Joe Cool & Neat & Tangled A Lot to Say & Origami Map stamps, My Favorite Things black licorice & Stampin' Up real red inks, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, pop dot tape 

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hi Lindsey! oh my is this ever cuuuute...luv the simplicity! I am thrilled you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh this is just too stinkin' cute. Love the over-sized speech bubble and cute little snoopy. Great take on the challenges and thanks for playing along at ATCAS this week. Sarah

Heather said...

What's a typewriter? LOL My parents still have an old, old one that you have to manually "return." Love this card and my...that is a TINY paper piecing you did on that typewriter. Beautiful.

Dotty Jo said...

This is perfection! What a great card, Jo x

Creating with Susan said...

This is so cute and clever! Love it!

Claire said...

Love your Snoopy card...so clever! And let's face it, who under the age of 35 would know that typewriters didn't have hearts lol

Anonymous said...

I ADORE Snoopy, and the way you have incorporated that enormous speech bubble and those tiny red hearts... This is cleverly CAS! So thrilled that you could join us at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is absolutely adorable and so creative...wordless!!! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Can you say cute as a button? Who doesn't love Snoopy. Thank you for joining us at CASology t his week!

Anonymous said...

Love it!