Friday, September 27, 2013

Friends with {Subtle} Flair

It's Friday, the weather is beautiful, and I have a card to share for Unity's weekly Friends with Flair blog hop. Life is good. ;)



Not a lot of stamping on this one, but I did ink up a brand new Unity set for both the background stamping and the wood veneer arrow. There's a Unity sentiment inside as well, but -- oops! -- no photo. The card is another attempt at freestyle collage -- once again I used Paper Crafts July/August feature for inspiration, specifically Brenda Weaver's card on p. 75 (or p. 91 in my PDF version). Is that stylin' squirrel not awesome? It's originally a business card -- I knew it would be perfect for a birthday card for my friend Emily, who not only is stylin' herself, but also has a soft spot for squirrels. The grid journaling card that Unity sent me as part of a freebie with my latest order just happened to be a perfect match for the squirrel's blouse and the patterned paper I used. You have to love when things just work. 
I'm also adding this to Simon Says Stamp's current Anything Goes and Moxie Fab World's Metal, Wood & Cork challenge.
Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals white cardstock, Studio Calico Memoir patterned papers, (?) journaling card, Unity {keeping up with the} Tribal Trend stamps, Colorbox bronze ink, aged mahogany distress marker, Spellbinders circle dies, Studio Calico wood veneer arrow

Pin It Now!

23 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Thank you for *the* best birthday card ever! I think you're getting to be an expert at freestyle collage. Such a great combination of patterns, colours and textures! I think I need a squirrel costume. ;)

Kris said...

This is really awesome.

Rachel B said...

What a fun image for a card! Too cool! Love the arrow stamped.

Angeline Choo said...

What an interesting card!

Noelle Reese said...

LOL How funny! Great card I just was not expecting the squirrel LOL

Cheri said...

So funny! That squirrel head & tail was unexpected, that's for sure! Thanks for the giggle! :D

Chris Dring said...

That is one stylish squirrel! Love your card Lindsey!

Rachel said...

I wanna do business with whoever has that as their business card! This is amazing!

CarlaKH said...

How cool! I love this! That is a great image collage!

Heather said...

A stunning card Lindsey, I love your design and elements - your image is just precious!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Gaylynn said...

This is such a fun design. Love the geometrics and your freestyle lo. :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That squirrel just cracks me up! WTG!

Julie Odil said...

Funny! That is one stylin' squirrel!

Cynthia said...

Fun card and really fun design.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I am giggling - LOUDLY this is a fun fun card Lindsey!

Jessi Fogan said...

That squirrel is a whole new level of awesome. I love it!!! And stamping on the arrow? Genius.

Scrapper Myra said...

I also love to use random objects/elements for cards and projects. Isn't it cool to find just the right things for the right people or the project you have in mind. Or the opposite way, getting inspiration from the object? I bet she will love/loved the card.

Michelle said...

What a cool card!

JPScraps said...

Awesome card!!

Tameko said...

Fabulous card design!

Miwa said...

What a fun card! Don't you just love how Unity lends the perfect touch? :)

Unknown said...

love squirrel lady! awesome design!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)