Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snowflakes

Wednesday means it's time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges! I think this week's challenge can be as easy or as difficult as you choose to make it -- we are asking you to incorporate snowflakes into your project. Here's what I mean, for me at least: when the Christmas season is over, I put essentially all my wintry-themed stamps away. So I could take the easy way out today, and make my first Christmas card of 2013, but that seemed a bit too easy. So I made sure that although my card is wintry, it's non-holiday-specific. 



I started with some torn post-it notes to make a softly defined rectangle mask before I embossed my snowflakes with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged the area with ink before removing the masks. A simple white-embossed sentiment, a die-cut snowflake and a bit of bling finished the card. (I'm obviously in an extra-clean-and-simple mood today.) And while I could use this anytime in the next couple of months, I have a feeling this will end up in next December's stash. :D 
Our sponsor this week is Digital Delights; they offer digital images, papers, cut files and more. Come and join the flaky fun!



Supplies: white & blue cardstock, Local King Rubber Stamp snowflake background & Unity winter wishes stamps, Colorbox frost white & Ranger/Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress inks, clear & white embossing powders, Lil' Inkers snowflake die, Stampin' Up basic rhinestones, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the way you did the rectangle! ANd I know exactly what you mean - you could use it, but you won't ;) I have LOADS like that in my stash that will be there until next Christmas! This is the first year I haven't put all the xmas stuff away - I'm hoping to keep up through the year.

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great CAS card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey! This is just gorgeous!!
hugs,Deena

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is pretty! Love the frosty look you created in the background. Very nice!
Hugs, Wendy

Donelda said...

Ah, you are so smart! GReat swoosh!! Maybe I'll play along this week :-)

Jen W. said...

LOVE the rough edge you created with the Post-its! And all that white is embossing is so yummy!