Thursday, January 24, 2013

Last-Minute Valentine!

... but don't worry, you don't have to check your calendars. I'm entering the Playing in Paradise challenge at the last minute. ;) They are celebrating their 100th challenge with a "Let's Celebrate" theme. And with Valentine's Day just a few weeks away, what better to celebrate than love? 



I woke up this morning determined to play in this challenge. With a deadline that ends at noon today (although now I know noon in a different time zone, so I actually have an extra couple of hours), of course things did not want to go smoothly. Once I abandoned trying to mask the two bathroom people holding hands, things went a bit better. I found what I think is the perfect patterned paper, and embossed the card base to match the man's pattern. I like that this is a not-too-flowery/feminine valentine.
I'm also adding this to My Graphico's current Anything Goes challenge. 
If you work better under a deadline than I do, you still have a little bit of time to get your entry in, too! :D 




Supplies: white cardstock, Stampin' Up (?) patterned paper, Unity/Simple Stories sweet paper people, VersaMagic Aegean blue & red magic chalk inks, clear embossing powder, QuicKutz heart die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Lindsey! I love it! The recessed heart cut-out underneath them is fabulous, and I'm loving the patterns you've used :) So glad you could squeak in & play with us!

fairyrocks said...

Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this week. Love your card. Amazing that you were able to get it all done in time. I am not hand at cardmaking. Well done indeed.

Anonymous said...

I love your two patterned people. They are so cute. I especially like the subtle embossed polka dots behind them which I did not notice at first glance.
Still bleak mid-winter here!
Heather

Dawn said...

Fantastic valentine! So glad you joined in our 100th challenge celebration at Scrapbooker's Paradise.

Hugs, Dawn

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fantastic! Great colours. Love the layout too... perfect valentine card.

Cindy C. said...

This is such a cute design! Congrats on your win!

Jen W. said...

Totally diggin' those people! Love all the fun patterns going on here and the fact that it still feels kind of CAS!