Monday, January 25, 2016

Anchored

I always like it when challenges and paper crafts companies play nicely together! I've combined two challenges, My Favorite Things (MFT) Sketch challenge and Just Us Girls photo inspiration challenge. 



I lengthened the sketch to a portrait orientation. From the photo, I was inspired by the blue and buttery yellow colours as well as the anchor on the wall. Here's what I ended up with:


I confess to several false starts with this one. I thought a negative die cut of an anchor would be great for the circle element of the sketch. Once I did that, however, I realized it was much too large. Instead, I embossed the anchor stamp in old gold embossing powder... not a good look. This pale gold pearl embossing powder is much better. Amazingly, I got my multiple-sentiment stamped panel right on only the second try. Even more amazing, I embossed the sentiment in white on the striped paper and got it right the first time! A little close-up of the details I've mentioned. 



You can see where I've given the anchor element some dimension by layering it on four cardboard circles that were edged in the same ink used to ink the small sentiments.
As for companies getting along, I used stamps from both Technique Tuesday and Paper Smooches and patterned papers from both Graphic 45 and Authentique. The dies are all from MFT, but I feel confident they would have played nicely with others as well. The bottom of the sentiment panel is punched with a Threading Water punch. The negative of the scalloped edge is just like waves!

Supplies: cougar ivory cardstock, Graphic 45 By the Sea & Authentique Anchored patterned papers, Paper Smooches Wicked Nauticool & Technique Tuesday Vroom Sentiments stamps, Versamark, Memento Paris dusk & Colorbox scarlet inks, pale gold pearl & Wow white embossing powder, MFT blueprints 24 dies, Fiskars threading water punch
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your pretty background paper, beautiful anchor and fun sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey that background paper is really fun and the gold and white embossing is so effective! Love how you were able to combine challenges!

Barbara Godden said...

What a fun card, great sentiment and I love it when you can combine favourite challenges. I managed to do a couple with my nautical themed card. Awesome job Lindsey.

Cheryl said...

Sometimes it just happens that way, doesn't it? Well, no matter, your end result is just perfect! It fits the inspiration photo perfectly and I love the sentiment!
Thanks for joining this week at Just Us Girls!

Heather said...

OK, so the background "paper" behind the sentiment is something you stamped? That is too "WOW!" I love it. Actually, I like the entire card including the embossed sentiment.

Chris Dring said...

This card is all kinds of awesome! Your multi sentiment stamped panel looks amazing, and kudos for getting it right on the second try. (That would have been achieved in at least 20 tries for me. LOL!) Thanks for linking up at Just Us Girls!