Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hello Friend

Happy Sunday! As usual, I've had a week to ponder the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge and it took till today to decide what I wanted to do. This week is a Trend Watch challenge: 



I was going to do something with the colour palette, but ended up just concentrating on making flowers the main focus of the design. 



Another attempt at freestyle collage, which I'm discovering is anything but freestyle for me. I took a lot of inspiration from Paper Crafts July/August feature on this design style. Keeping to one main colour helps keep it from looking too busy for me. I was able to use both Paper Smooches dies and stamps, as well as various items in my stash, to help create this little collage. 
You still have the evening (well, in my time zone) left if you want to enter! 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up bashful blue cardstock, Stampin' Up Beyond the Garden patterned paper, Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers stamps, Paper Smooches Flag Tags and Duo Die 1 dies, Memento Nautical blue ink, Stampin' Up marina mist marker, Studio Calico wood veneer heart, American Crafts pina colada paper flower, Petaloo jewelled florette, Fiskars threading water punch

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

There is just something about SPARKS that keeps me mulling until the last minute too! I love what you came up with - the blues are so perfect together.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL! I love that you said freestyle is anything but for you! LOL! What a hoot! I think this is a fab card-- LOVE the design and the little frame in the center!! Great use of blues!! You rock, Lindsey!! <3 THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!! Hope you will play along this week-- it's a SKETCH:) <3

Unknown said...

I love that you went floral for this card...the banner coming out of the frame is genius! Awesome take on the challenge :)

Chris Dring said...

Love the monochromatic blue, the banner coming out of the frame, your anything-but-freestyle layout! Pure genius!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty! I love all the blue!