Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thank You So Very Much

Hero Arts is back with their January contest, challenging us to try something new, make an artist trading card, and/or follow their colour combination. The colours are a bit pastel for me; I may try an ATC or two before the month ends, but for now I'm trying a few new things...




Major new thing: using Mr. Huey's colour mists for the first time! I think I'm going to have fun with them; I like that they're matte, not shiny. I sprayed water cooler mist onto some watercolour paper after stamping and embossing the image. (Minor new thing: using this particular stamp for the first time.) Then I used the matching die (major new thing!) to cut it out. Used my Plumeria paper pad for the first time because I liked how the shading of the paper mirrored the misted image. The green and navy colour combo is new for me, too, I think. 
Although this card is destined for our pet-sitter, virtually it's for you, too, if you're reading this -- thank you for visiting! 



Supplies: navy & Stampin' Up very vanilla cardstock, watercolour paper, Basic Grey plumeria patterned paper, Hero Arts le journal, Versafine onyx black ink, clear embossing powder, Hero Arts frame cut die, Mr Huey's water cooler colour mist, Basic Grey Oliver paper ribbon, Stampin' Up ticket corner punch, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your colour scheme, Lindsey and the collage elements; they make for a lovely vintage style card.
Everything is wet here as it has been so mild. When the temperatures drop again we are going to be one big block of ice!
Heather

downrightcrafty said...

love the image plate shaping and the super image and a great design to this card
Hugs Kate xx

Karin said...

Thanks for the virtual card :) Love the colors and the stamp and die are awesome!

Jessi Fogan said...

I have two matte mists, and I can't quite get the hang of them yet. It's a different thing altogether! I love the layout - changing up the way the strips are laid out looks really neat!

Jen W. said...

I'm with Jessi in that I like the staggered stripes. :) I'm still getting the hang of mists in general - they never seem to land quite where I want them! :D I like the little detail of the punched corners too.