Saturday, May 28, 2022

Inkspirational: Photo Inspiration


Inkspirational is back with a new photo challenge! When I first glanced at this, I wasn't seeing a lot to inspire me - I mostly noticed the neutral colours. Then I took a closer look... there are books! And the plants provide a touch of green! And the walls have a very cool texture to them. I was ready to make my card:


I was even able to add a comfy armchair, thanks to the photo. Having a reading rabbit is all me, though. :) I can't decide if the walls in the inspiration are brick or wood, but using a brick stencil gave me a little bit of the same textured look, I thought. Both the bunny and the chair are coloured with Copic markers. It took a great deal of willpower to use that sentiment - where's my U in favoUrite? :D But it seemed right for the little reading scene. 


It's always interesting to see how my Ink teammates are inspired, so be sure to check out their work. And then I hope you'll join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white & Fabriano green cardstock, Avery Elle Feels Like Home & Feels Like Home Addition stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & antique linen distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz bricked stencil

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Every time I see an inspirational picture I either see too much or nothing. Great job picking out the books and plants. Your image is adorable. nice job.

cm said...

Your reading bunny nestled into his big ol' chair is adorable! Love the sentiment, even without the 'u'!
hugs~c

Pia S said...

To me both favorite and favourite looks good so had to google: Favorite and favourite are two variant spellings of the same word with the exact same definition. Favorite without the "u" is the spelling used in the United States, while favourite is used in the rest of the English-speaking world. So now I know:)
You actually picked a lot of elements from the photo even though your design is CAS. And cute. Great job!

Marina said...

This is so cute and fun and I love that comfy green chair and the subtle brickwork.

Marlena M. said...

I love this little guy! Such a great scene and the stenciling was a nice touch Lindsey~