Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Color Hues ONE YEAR Anniversary!


One year ago, Nancy Leppek launched a new challenge blog called Color Hues! And now here we are, on our second September 1st colour pairing - and 25th challenge! I like that one year ago, we started with yellow and green, and a year later we're mixing things up just a little bit with YELLOW and ORANGE.  I came very close to riffing on my very first Color Hues card - sunflowers, but decided to design something entirely new instead. Here it is! 


How about a cute little yellow and orange kitty? This is an older PTI die set that I don't remember to get out often enough. There are tiny dies for his facial features, but I found stamps for his nose, mouth and whiskers before drawing in the eyes myself. I gave him a strip of patterned paper to sit on, and some orange brick as a backdrop. The fun sentiment comes from a Paper Smooches cat set. 


For me, it's always fun to take a colour pairing that could easily be used for florals, and find something else to create with them instead. (Also avoids the conundrum of leaves if there is no green involved. 😉 Not that each of the DT hasn't been creative with leaves at least once.)  You definitely want to check out what my teammates have dreamed up for this colour pairing - including a brand new addition to the team, my sweet friend and talented cardmaker Tracey! One more thing before I let you go - we have prizes to celebrate our one-year milestone - $25 Simon Says Stamp gift certificates for two of our talented gallery participants for this challenge! Prizes, great inspiration from my design teammates, what are you waiting for? 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Authentique Be(you)tiful patterned paper, The Ink Road Meow Mix & Paper Smooches Feline Friends stamps, Versfine onyx black & cracking campfire distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Papertrey Ink Kay's Critters: Cuddly Cat, Paper Smooches Talk Bubbles & MFT Blueprints 27 stitched rectangle die

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Julie B said...

Such a cute puss cat, well done for finding the die in your stash. Must admit I find myself searching for the florals for our challenges and really have to make myself think outside the box. :)

Nancy said...

I just love reading your blog! You always bring a smile to my face! This card is as darling as can be. I love the brick wall the way you grounded the kitty and the punny greeting! Well done! Take care!

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun!!!! Just love your sweet kitty card and congrats on your One Year Anniversary!

cm said...

Your polka-dot kitty, with is round tummy, is a smile-maker in every way! So cute...even Lily agrees!
hugs~c

JulieP said...

I am not surprised in the least that you chose a yellow tabby with these colors. The faded bricks are fabulous. Cute, cute, cute!

Karen said...

What a cute kitty; love the paper piecing--which I don't remember to do often enough! The brick background is just perfect, too!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable. I love the thought bubble above that sweet cat. Your stenciling is perfect!!

Tracey McNeely said...

You and cats go together so well Lindsey! Perfectly paper pieced and your background is so fun with the bricks. I am so thrilled to be on the Color Hues with you. Even more fun that we can get together and work on our homework together!