Monday, May 31, 2021

Happy Little Stampers: Watercolour


It may still be May here where I'm sitting, but June has begun over in the other hemisphere, and that means it's time for a new Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge! This will be my last as part of the watercolour design team - a huge thank you for Kylie for letting me be a part of this team, and for being so gracious when I asked to step down to reduce my beginning-of-the-month commitments. 
For this final design team card, I went back and looked at my first card as a member of the team and used the same set!


I stamped and embossed several of the sweet pea images from this Studio Katia set on watercolour paper and coloured them with my Zig markers. Since the watercolour paper I used isn't a true white, I die cut a background panel from cream cardstock and spattered it with the same purple and green I used to colour the stems. I also added a few black spatters with glimmer mist. After arranging the sweet pea stems the way I liked them, I picked them up with some Press n Seal, added liquid adhesive, and added them back to the panel. The sentiment is stamped in green and embossed. As a final touch, I added a trio of pearls. 


As always, there are beautiful cards to admire from all the design team members! You have the month of June to join us, so I hope you'll be inspired. 

Supplies: Neenah natural white & Hero Arts iris cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Studio Katia You're So Sweet stamps & dies, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & Stampin' Up garden green ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, Tattered Angels graphite glimmer mist, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway rectangular frame die, Studio Katia vintage shimmer pearls

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

JulieP said...

What a fun idea to use the same stamp set! Beautiful way to go out.

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful water colouring too. the card design is super.

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful....love your sweet purple posies!!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Sad to see you go, Lindsey! :(
But the card is simply gorgeous! The Sweet peas look simply stunning - hats off to your watercoloring skills!

Joyce said...

Your card is so pretty, and those water colored flowers are sweet as can be. Good for you for taking control of your schedule. I hope that will free up some space for you to just play!

cm said...

Wonderful choice to go full-circle with your image selection to mark both your start and finale with the watercolour team. Both versions are lovely!
hugs~c

Helen said...

Your card is stunning Lindsey! I love the way you've coloured these beautiful sweet peas and made them really come to life (one of my favourite flowers)! I am so sorry to hear that you are standing down from HLS W/C challenge as we will miss your wonderful creations. I hope to find your beautiful work in blog travels. Good luck and take care!! :)

Sue - said...

A lpretty card, I love sweet peas!