Thursday, February 4, 2021

Seize the Birthday: Hearts


Welcome to a new Seize the Birthday Thursday! In keeping with the month of February (and seemingly every other card challenge out there :D), our topping is HEARTS. However, if you don't want to add hearts to your card, we always welcome any birthday-themed project to our gallery. 
For my card, I used hearts, but not the usual colours: 


I was stumped for an idea for this card for quite a while, until I remembered I had these heart-shaped balloon stamps. A perfect way to use hearts with an obvious birthday vibe. They are stamped in pastels of green, blue and yellow. The strings are stamped in silver ink - I was worried that in adding the bows, I would mess up, but they add just the right bit of whimsy to the card. After stamping and embossing the sentiment, I added a few tiny drops of silver Stickles to balance everything. I think this card works for both the Monday and Wednesday Simon Says Stamp challenges. 


There are beautiful heart-themed cards on the StB blog by all of the design team, and our newest surprise party guest, my good friend Carol! Stop by to be inspired, and then I hope you will play along!
 

Supplies: Neenah white & Recollections black cardstock, Mama Elephant Party Kit & Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments stamps, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox silver & Catherine Pooler melon ice, stone blue & tiara ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, silver Stickles

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Diane said...

Too cute Lindsey, what a fun birthday design.

Hugs diane

Joyce said...

Such a fun way to incorporate hearts into a birthday design. Love the colors you chose.

Colleen said...

Fabulous card Lindsey! I think those balloons in those colors are perfect as they will work any time of the year! Love the CAS design, and the bows at the base of the balloon!

JoAnn said...

Love your card Lindsey. I think the cute bows and the silver Stickles drops are perfect touches.

Lisa Arana said...

What a sweet design. Love those heart balloons!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the soft colors of your heart balloons -- awesome card

Cathy said...

Pretty pastel balloons Lindsey, the bows are perfect, and this design would work for so many occasions, Cathy x

Barbara said...

Cute, cute, cute! I adore this CAS card for this challenge.

Nancy said...

LOVE this and it was so well executed! The colors are just perfect! Have a great day!

JulieP said...

Perfect birthday card!

Glenda J said...

This is such a fabulous CAS card my friend. Love the colours you chose - I always forget to put blue and yellow together but they look so great. Simply gorgeous.
Also wanted to thank you in advance for our upcoming challenge. ;)

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the pastel balloons - especially how the overlapped colors make the balloons look translucent. What a clean, simple, happy card!

TaeEun said...

This is a sweet CAS design, Lindsey! The pastel balloons are so lovely and the bows add even more loveliness to your card :)!