Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Sisterhood of Glittery Stampers


Welcome to my second post today, this time for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and our newest challenge, G is for Glitter! I barely have the glitter from Christmas crafting cleaned up, and now this? :D Thank goodness for relatively mess-free glitter paste and embossing powder...


For my background, I used a martini glass stencil as well as a circle mask, and blended red, yellow and blue inks before adding a layer of glitter paste over top. While that dried, I stamped the martini glass and heat-embossed it with glitter powder. For the sentiment, I layered a Tim Holtz snarky sentiment sticker on cardstock I coloured with yellow ink. I used the same yellow ink to colour-coordinate my card base. I'm adding this card to the January stencil challenge at STAMPlorations.


You will love the many different ways my sisters in snark have interpreted this glitter challenge! We also have a card from our current Queen of Snark and guest designer, Michelle. Throw that glitter around like confetti and join us! 


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, MFT Martini Time stamp & die, Catherine Pooler tiara & candied apple, squeezed lemonade & blueprint sketch distress ink, Wow clear sparkle embossing powder, Nuvo moonstone glimmer paste, Picket fence martini glasses & ARTplorations circles flexi template stencils, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, Tim Holtz snarky small talk sticker

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Helen said...

LOVE your glittery martini glasses Lindsey!!! And I too, love glitter paste instead of that free flowing stuff! LOL! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Barbara Godden said...

What a great glittery card, love your use of a stencil and a mask. I'd have that glitterpaste everywhere but the stencil. Love the big martini glass and the sparkle. super sentiment I asked why as well.

Dotty Jo said...

I want a glittery martini glass! Gorgeous card, Jo x

Lisa Arana said...

Who wouldn't want a sparkly martini??? I love this card!!!

Chris Dring said...

Glitter paste? That sounds fun! Love your stenciled and glittered boozy card!

JulieP said...

Cocktails always taste better when they're sparkly. Great blending of the colors. Love it!

Michelle N. said...

Wow, I love your sparkly martini's! Really, really pretty!

Donna said...

Ummmm ya what Chris said - glitter paste???
I might actually be able to work with that!
I love your glittery martinis!!

cm said...

Ohhhh...look at all those sparkly martini glasses! Pretty, plus! And that sentiment: LOL! Love it!
hugs~c

Mac Mable said...

I love this card....on many levels......Great sentiment, which I can relate too x. The bakcogurnds martini glasses look so pretty and I like how you did them through a circle stencil. A happy and fun card x.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lindsey :-) the sparkly glasses are gorgeous and I love that we both went for martini's ;-)
Thanks for your comment on my blog, it really made me smile, I do like making alcohol related cards, and am usually drinking one while making them!! (only joking, only sometimes ,,, after 5pm,,,, ;-))

Cheers!!!
luv
Lols x x x

Diane said...

Wonderful glittery goodness, such a fun design.

I joined your blog.

Hugs Diane