Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday


The new Addicted to Stamps and More challenge is HOLIDAY! I almost went with my default choice of Christmas for a holiday card, but decided to think summer, instead: 



To me this card epitomizes summer holidays. Once again reaching into the vault for these stamps; even Google had trouble finding them. ;) The background is blended distress inks, and then I stamped and embossed the image. For the sunburst layer, I just used a scrap of notepaper as a mask and blended yellow distress ink on a rectangle of cardstock. I used the same ink to colour the cardstock for the stamped and embossed sentiment. This card is also perfect to link up to the current challenge at Just Us Girls, where the word this week just happens to be "sunshine".


We look forward to seeing all kinds of holidays represented in our gallery this week - I know my design team colleagues went with a variety of holidays... just to keep things interesting and inspiring. ;)


Supplies: Neenah white, Recollections black & (?) orange cardstock, Unity Stamp Co Good Day Sunshine Itty Bitty stamps, Versafine onyx black & squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin & festive berries distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Lil Inkers small sunshine die, WRMK corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Oh wow that colour is so sunny and vibrant I love the design

Maria said...

Lovely card. I love that silhouette embossed, looks great. Thank so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Kim Heggins said...

this is simply wonderful....love those fabulous colors and your sweet silhouette images, just so much fun!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful sunshine card Lindsey! Hey, I saw your name drawn at Stamplorations (May winners Spring Fling). Yay!!!

JulieP said...

Great card for both challenges!! I just noticed your little kitty watermark! Is it new or am I just oblivious as always? LOL!

Joyce said...

This is so fabulous. Love your sunny sponged background.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey. Great masking and stamp. Lovely sunshine card - and now I have that Beatles song in my head. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

cm said...

Such a pretty summertime card! Love the yellows/orange...and those kids are certainly having fun!
hugs~c