Sunday, February 2, 2020

Happy Little Stampers CAS: Positive


Welcome to the February CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers, where our theme for this month is POSITIVE. Of course, my cynical brain saw that prompt and thought, really? What fun is that? But then I decided to take on the challenge of making a positive, uplifting card, and came up with this: 



I used my MISTI to stamp the flowers in opposite corners of my panel before colouring them with Copics. The sentiment is embossed in gold and the vellum wrapped around the panel to avoid that awkward "where can I put adhesive that it won't show through?" dilemma. Mounted on a card base, the card was done - which I think meets the definition of clean AND simple! :D This also gives me another card to add to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. 


If I can make a POSITIVE card, anyone can! Keep it CAS, and join us! 


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, The Ink Road Bella Flora & Compliments Vol. 1 stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black ink, Hero Arts clear sparkle & Simon Says Stamp antique gold embossing powder, Copic markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, love the added vellum and of course embossing. beautifully coloured flowers. Now I can make a positive card but the CAS part will be extremely hard. I need layers, bling and popped up images.

Lisa Arana said...

This card is 10 kinds of wonderful. LOVE that gold embossing.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous....simply gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Love those deep rich colored flowers and the gold embossing. So elegant.

cm said...

Your card is all kinds of wonderful! I rarely corner-ize my images; you've given me incentive to do so (now, the task is remembering to do so!)...
hugs~c