Wednesday, September 11, 2019

On the First Three Days of Christmas

I've been making Christmas cards all year this year for ABC Christmas Challenge, but sometimes I like to make cards just for fun! Also, I've been missing playing along at Jingle Belles, where they have a fun challenge right now: The Twelve Days of Christmas. You can be inspired by the Christmas song, or simply use numbers on your card. I have the perfect set for that! 


I think if one tries hard enough, one can fit all twelve days on a card, but I was happy to use the first three. The idea to stamp the French hen (she looks so Francophone in her blue beret and red wattle) three times was totally inspired by Michele Ferguson. I like how the birds together form a Christmas tree shape (or am I stretching a bit? :D) and how they look with just pops of colour and some minimal shading. Only the pear got a little bit of Copic blending. 


This makes Christmas card #30 for the year! 


Supplies: Neenah white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Twelve Days & Hero Arts Family and Friends stamps, Versafine onyx black & Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute and so much fun!!!! Just love your festive Christmas card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Three French Hens--I love it!

SmilynStef said...

Cute Cute Cute ... Clever Clever Clever ... so glad you celebrated the 12 Days of Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.