Saturday, January 26, 2019

Valentines at the Sisterhood

Happy Saturday! As January nears its end, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers naturally starts to think about the month ahead, and that romantic special occasion... 


Edna is offering the straightforward theme, V is for VALENTINE. Funny thing about the Sisterhood... if I don't make a snarky card, I often make a card outside my regular clean and simple "style", which if nothing else has the potential to make me feel snarky. For this challenge, I went for more of a shabby, vintage, collage style than usual. Here it is:


It all started when I thought it would be fun to use a Tim Holtz paper doll on a valentine, not even remembering there was this bride and groom! I like adding a pop of colour to them, so coloured her bouquet with a faded lipstick distress marker. Then I found this sepia-toned paper in one of my Valentine-themed paper pads. I would have been happy to stop with the happy couple, the blue heart and the Valentine ticket, but thought there might be repercussions to leaving a Tim Holtz product so CAS. :P So I added some stamped hearts and music in opposite corners, and dug into my sack o' heart die cuts for the three pink/rose ones. I just couldn't bring myself to distress the edges of the paper with either ink or tearing, though. 
No surprise, most of the sisters have managed much more snark on their valentines - be sure to check out all the creations, including that of our newest Queen of Snark, Kylie! You need a valentine or two for the 💘 day ahead, right? Come and share your project with us! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Basic Grey True Love & other assorted patterned papers, Local King Rubber Stamp music background & Unity All for Love stamps, Memento rich cocoa ink, Fancy Pants Mulberry Road heart & Be Loved ticket, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ancestors paper doll, assorted die cut hearts, foam tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Lindsay! Jo x

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful! The way you've done the bouquet reminds me of old fashioned hand tinted photos.

Chris Dring said...

Look at you, stepping outside your comfort zone to create this fabulous collage-y card! Very cool!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I adore this sistah!!!
So very shabby, vintage-y and collage-y!!
You rocked it!

Kim Heggins said...

Just one fabulous card!

Lisa Arana said...

That couple is super fun and i love all the little accents. So very cute!