Thursday, January 18, 2018

One Layer at Seize the Birthday

It's Thursday, and that means time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday


Our "topping" for the new challenge (which is always optional, by the way) is ONE LAYER. Oh yay. ;) While a lot of my cards definitely fall into the clean and simple category, I'm not overly comfortable making one layer cards for some reason. But here it is:


I started with a coloured card base, thinking it would add a little more interest than the usual white. I stamped my large rose and embossed it in white, then added some highlights with a white watercolour pencil, and in the centre with a white gel pen. The sentiment is also embossed in white. 
You really should go see my teammates' cards — so many different ways to approach a one layer card style! I hope you'll join us! 


Supplies: Stampin' Up poppy red cardstock, Stampin' Up Fifth Avenue Florals & Clearly Besotted Fancy Sayings stamps, Versamark ink, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Gelli roll white glaze pen, watercolour pencil

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Lindsey! Red definitely gives the card extra impact, Jo x

Anonymous said...

It really is pretty! Its great that you chose the red card base, since that beautiful rose looks even better on it, and your simple shading is so very charming! Love it!
hugs, Ashwini

JoAnn said...

Beautiful one layer card. Love the pretty rose in white on the red card base. Great card.

shirley-bee said...

Pretty! Looks very dramatic on the red card base.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty rose against the red!

Nancy said...

You need to get comfortable with one layer cards as this one is Awesome! The highlights sealed the deal for me! FAB!!!

Glenda J said...

Well - first off I love this because it's red. Secondly, the 'shadow' with the white watercolour pencil is amazing and perfect.

Barbara said...

I almost never make a one layer card. This challenge has inspired me and I love your take on it. Tnanks!

stampwithsandy said...

Lindsey, I would have never thought to make a one layer card on a red card base but I love it! The white embossing is so striking!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful one layer card Lindsey, perfect debut! Congratulations!