Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Snarky Sisters Go Vegan

(Possibly one of the reasons we're so snarky...)


We're at Challenge #99: V is for Vegan! Which somehow means we want you to make a card featuring animals. I know, we've confused ourselves, too. I'm all about the festive season at the moment, so my card went in a Christmas direction: 



I actually did an image search for turkeys, just so I could be a teeny bit accurate in my representation. Okay, maybe not the red and green tail feathers. I doubt that turkeys end up on many shortlists for "cuddly animals to put on posters to discourage animal exploitation". Cute, not so much. Or maybe they just need a different eye-beholder to see their beauty. 
The inside... 


Of course I had to check on Instagram and Twitter after I made this, and it is a legitimate hashtag. Beet Wellington is one suggestion to replace the more traditional fare. 🤔 I do think I would miss traditional Christmas baking most of all. 
While I am absolutely sure it's not what anyone expects, the December Paper Smooches challenge is WINTER, so off this goes to the link-up. 
Be sure to visit the Snarky blog to see what everyone came up with for this challenge, including our current Queen of Snark, Michelle! I hope you can find some time to come and play along. 


Supplies: white, natural, red & green cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Paper Smooches Jive Turkey & Feline Friends stamps, Memento Luxe espresso truffle & Colorbox white frost inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig markers, Paper Smooches word bubbles & borders 1 dies, MFT Blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, glue dots
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, and yes, a perfect inside/sentiment! Nice work, sistah! Jo x

Jane Willis said...

Haha! I love that sentiment, great use of the hashtag
Jane

Barbara Godden said...

A lot of research went into this turkey card!!! Super cute and great sentiment.

Majo said...

Love your snark, Sistah ♥

Donna said...

OH my gosh I just love your Christmas turkey!!
And beet wellington??? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I do love beets!
Yeah, I still need my shortbread and lemon squares though!