Saturday, November 26, 2016

UFO Sightings

You ever seen a UFO in these parts?
~Fox Mulder, The X Files

Today is the day for UFO sightings, and not just on The X-Files! The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers can guarantee it! 


U is for UFO — Unfinished Objects! The stamped image you coloured but then set aside, the background you stencilled that turned out not to work for the card you were making... you get the idea. We sisters came to the conclusion that we all have one or two (hundred) UFOs lurking on our desks or tucked in baskets awaiting future action. So we are challenging ourselves (and YOU) to get them out and use at least one of them! I was able to put together two UFOs for my project today: 


Of course I had every intention of photographing my UFOs before putting them together into a card... and immediately forgot once I got to work. UFO #1: the background panel. A couple of years ago, I was playing with the distress ink technique where you ink up a background stamp with various colours, mist with water, then stamp. This has been in my Christmas UFO bin ever since. All I did was cut it with a stitched panel die. UFO #2: the wonky rectangle die cut panel with sponging and white-stamped snowflakes. This is also from a couple of years ago, when I made a number of cards using this particular panel. This was an extra. On the original cards, the panel was paired with a cute little Christmas tree, but with this background layer, I went with a more elegant holly image. It, the vellum sentiment and the card base are the new components. 
For more UFO sightings, check out my snarky sisters' creations, as well as those of our current Queen of Snark and guest designer, Sue! Then dust off those unfinished objects and join us! 

Supplies: Craft Smith green cardstock card base, Stampin' Up pear pizazz cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, vellum, Hero Arts music collage background & assorted snowflakes, Inkadinkado Sketches Holiday & Cavallini Vintage Christmas stamps, Versamark, MFT black licorice, Colorbox frost white & assorted green distress inks, pirate's gold embossing powder, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle & Spellbinders reverse wonky rectangle dies, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Lindsey! I'm glad I'm not the only feather-brained member of the team as I meant to do a step-by-step of my project and forgot! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of all your UFOs, I too make extra just incase I mess the first, second or third of something, cardstock only has two sides lol. Love that wonky rectangle I don't think mine have been used. sad. I really like the background too.

Donna said...

Love your card sistah!!
Love your X files quote too :)
I love that you are as nerdy as I am
xxooxx

Jen W. said...

This is a challenge I really should play along with. The UFO corner of my desk is getting a little out of hand these days... Love that watercolor background - such a cool texture!

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE that background panel, and the snowflake panel, and the holly image and the sentiment embossed onto vellum! Especially love the Fox Mulder quote. You are my people!!

Jane Willis said...

I love the way you've taken such totally different UFOs and pulled them together so perfectly
Jane