Friday, October 28, 2016

Pin-Sights Challenge Revisited

I decided I should play along with the current Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights challenge, only this time pay attention to a bit more of the inspiration board than the upper right photo. :D


So this time, I've incorporated autumn colours and pumpkins, not just the little ghosts in one corner. 



I combined two different stamp sets for this: almost everything comes from Got Candy? but I also needed Thankful because I wanted the pumpkins to sit on a bed of leaves. I think I set a personal record for number of inks used on one card! Five for the leaves (even though in the end you can barely see them, but hey), an extra orange plus green for shading the pumpkins,  a different orange for the main sentiment, another for the speech bubble, and of course the black. Whew! Oops, I forgot the blue for the bit of sky behind the pumpkins; the ground below them was also a leaf ink. For the leaves, I stamped them and then used a water brush to pull the ink into the image to colour them. 
Are you ready for Halloween? I now have more cards than I need... time for the candy! 

Supplies: white & orange cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen Got Candy & Thankful stamps & dies, Ranger archival black, Altenew buttercream & caramel toffee & fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, fired brick, gathered twigs, rusty hinge, forest moss, dried marigold & tumbled glass distress inks, MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute, Lindsey. so much inspiration on that board it would be hard to just make one.

Jen W. said...

Nice shading on the pumpkins and I love the touch of the leaves below them!